Hayden Jarren

As I'm running down the stairs I see a blinding white light shine directly at me, blurring my vision. I winced and immediately covered my eyes. "Sorry, I was just checking it was really you and not a Jargo in disguise as you... Or something" Hayden trailed his words with a light chuckle. He quickly analyses me. When he was satisfied, turned the bright light away from me. "Its okay" I say, trying to rub the stars away from my eyes. I step forwards, stumbling on not only my temporarily impaired vision, but the floor which had scraps of metal and debris from Hayden's odd inventions. My vision slowly started to clear up and I perch myself on the nearest ledge of support I could find. "Uhhh I don't think you should be that close, Judas" Hayden warns.

I lift my head up to be met with the evil, hard stare I've been petrified of my whole life. Pushing myself back, I scream in horror. This results in myself falling flat on my back into a storage cabinet filled with slimy, green gunk. "What are you panicking for? It's dead... I think" Hayden tries to reassure me. Pulling myself up from my little accident, I stare in awe at the creature lying lifeless on the table. It was strapped with flimsy pieces of leftover rope, tied to the table legs. "How the hell did you get this?" I ask, still in disbelief of what I could see infront of me. "Oh, you know... I just found it". Hayden gently kicks the floor beneath him. "You just found it?" I say back, examining the Jargo. "Wow, is there a parrot in here or something? Yes, i just found it". I roll my eyes.

"Does your mother know that you have a Jargo down here? If anyone finds it here then you are dead meat Hayden!" I exclaim, unsure of what he's going to do with the body. "Don't worry about it. Now I actually have a body to work on, I might be the first person in this town to find the Jargo's weak spots. You know what that means?" Hayden replies confidently. "It means...uhhhh..." I try and think of what he's trying to imply. "It means that we may finally be able to figure out how to kill these things!".

"Does that mean we can finally try and escape?" I add. "Yes but I'm quite unsure about the process and how long this might take to actually figure out. My estimate is..." Hayden takes out his calculator and punches some random numbers into the machine. "Hmmm..." Hayden mumbles. "Uhhhh...". He scratches his head.

"I got it! five years!". "You have got to be kidding me. five years?!" I exclaim. "Yeah...". He laughs nervously. "If it's gonna take that long, I'd rather get killed trying to escape than wait five years for your stupid research results" I spat. "Hey! My research isn't stupid. It's top class, I'll have you know". "Whatever, most of it probably isn't right anyway".

I reach for the banister leading up the stairway. "Don't come and haunt me when you've been killed by the Jargo's and I find a way to wipe them all out!" Shouted Hayden up the stairs, but I was already gone.

I don't need his stupid weak spot research to escape. If I'm gonna manage to escape successfully, I'll need agility, strength and a lot of rope...