"Hey, Fenton," I closed the door behind me, before sitting on his bed, "Working on the Gizmoduck armor?"

He shushed me. "Not so loud! I don't want M'má to know!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Uh huh. Well, anyway. Are you installing something new? Or replacing stuff?"

He held up a dismembered Gizmo-arm. "The propeller on the helmet is nice, but doesn't balance at the weight of the suit."

"So, adding repulsors to the arms?" I asked.

"Bingo," He finger gunned, before returning to work on the arm.

I watched him for a bit. These were the moments with Fenton that I valued the most. Sure, Gizmoduck was cool, but I liked watching him work on stuff. I also liked when we could work on stuff together, like a larger project.

"... So, you do anything science-y this week?" I asked.

"Hm?" He thought for a moment. "I began working on a new project. An elemental sphere that gains energy after force is applied."

I pondered that. "If you did that... well, that'd be brilliant!"

I began muttering, thinking of all the possibilities, "...And would help provide a clean energy source that could help Duckburg, not to mention the world..." I trailed off.

"Holy duck, Fenton. That would be absolute brilliant," I cheered.

He laughed, albeit bitterly. "It's in the testing phases. It comes with a lot of testing and issues. I'm almost considering scrapping it."

I frowned. "I won't discourage you from doing that if you want, but if anyone can figure it out, it's you, Fenton. You're so much smarter than you think."

He turned to me, and I gave him a small smile. He returned it.

"Thanks Marí."

~~~

After sleeping on the pullout couch, and joining the Cabrera's for breakfast (with coffee,) M'Má headed to work at 7 in the morning. Which was normal for M'Má. After all, crime doesn't sleep.

I had two options. I could either go home, and be bored until the kids get back.... or, I could go with Fenton to the lab and wreak havoc upon all those who worked there. So I chose the second option.

"So, your boss," I began, as Fenton and I walked to the bus stop, "What's he normally like?"

"What do you mean?" Fenton asked.

"He was a bit snappy when I met him, but he talked a lot, probably to fill the silence," I trailed off, now mumbling.

"Oh! Uh, Dr. Gearloose is just like that," He explained, getting on the bus. I followed, paying the driver and sitting in the front next to Fenton.

"He's a bit deranged, and pretty critical," Fenton elaborated. "He's not too good with people, but he likes to talk a lot. Just to bounce ideas off of other people."

"Hm," I thought for a moment. "So, I would imagine he works well with others in his field, then?"

"Ah, well, no," Fenton responded, sheepishly, "At least, not with me. I don't know, I think he just doesn't like me," He sighed.

I pondered that. How could someone not like Fenton? He's sweet, and caring, and really smart. And he's a hero!

"Well," I began, "You don't have to like someone to work alongside them. Especially in a science environment. You can't let emotions trip you up when working under pressure."