"mister keating, of course. the "captain" himself." cameron furrowed his eyebrows, moving his fingers in the air to make quotation marks. "i mean, you guys didn't really think he could avoid responsibility, did you?" he grinned with a scoff.

"mister keating?! responsible for neil? is that what they're saying?" charlie asked in disbelief.

"well, who else do you think, dumbass? the administration? mister perry? mister keating put us up to all this crap, didn't he? if he wasn't for mister keating, neil would be cozied up in his room right now, studying his chemistry and dreaming of being called doctor." cameron said. his mind was so wrapped around
what was shoved into his brain.

"that is not true, cameron. you know that. he didn't put us to anything. neil loved acting." todd said without a stutter as he got up from his seat quickly, shaking his head.

"todd's right. mister keating has nothing to do with neils death and i can tell you that for sure. this is partially mister perry's fault! him more than anyone. you're so stupid to not know your own best friend. neil had his own demons he had to fight and his father made it worse. if it weren't for his father, he'd be getting info on the next play to be in town and not worrying about being expected to go to college to be a doctor." olivia said as she got up once again, staring cameron dead in the eye. there were tears back in her puffy eyes as she looked at him.

"believe what you want, but i say let keating fry." cameron said, his fingers pointing down. "why ruin our lives?"

charlie scoffed before turning around for a moment before lunging towards cameron and punching him straight in the nose. cameron went tumbling down to the floor as the boy's pulled charlie away.

olivia held back an amazed laugh as she looked over to charlie. "holy shit." she said a bit slowly with a grin.

"you just signed your expulsion papers, nuwanda." cameron said as he wiped under his nose, revealing blood and he stood up. "and if the rest of you are smart, you'll do exactly what i did. they know everything anyway. you can't save keating, but you can save yourselves." he said and with that, he exited the room, closing the door behind him as the group watched him leave.

"what a moron! it wasn't mister keating! how are we supposed to save him and save ourselves?" olivia asked as she frustratedly sat down, running her fingers through her hair.

"i don't know but i'm not saying shit." charlie said, sitting next to olivia. he wrapped an arm wound her, rubbing her arm as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"you need to say something, charlie. it's going to get you in trouble." meeks warned charlie.

"who's to say i'm already not in trouble? we all are, meeks. me saying nothing is gonna make things worse, you're right, but i'd rather go down remaining silent on a false matter rather than betraying keating." charlie said, moving his free arm around.

"charlie has a point..." pitts agreed halfly with what charlie said. but, he also didn't want to see charlie get expelled. no one in the room did.

charlie was going to get expelled. there was no doubt about it.

"yeah, true. i don't know though, i think we should all go back to our rooms, hager's gonna kick our asses." olivia said as she got up, pulling charlie up when she did as such.

"yeah... i'll see you guys later." todd said as he quickly made his exit.

olivia sadly watched as the boy rushed out of the room, his head facing the floor.

"just... be smart okay guys? i don't-i don't want to see any of you leave." olivia said, looking up at charlie. she knew the other boys would do as they were told, charlie, not so much. "that means you, fool." she said with a small smile.

"yeah, yeah, i hear you." charlie laughed, lacing his fingers with hers as they all begun walking out of the cloak room.

they walked down the hallway, saying a 'see you later' to each other when they reached their rooms. charlie as normal walked olivia to her room.

the girl looked up at the boy, placing a hand on his cheek, which he placed a hand on top of hers. "please don't be stupid okay?" she asked.

"i'll try." he replied with a nod. "you don't do anything stupid either."

"of course not, i'm not you!" she joked around as she laughed and he laughed as well.

"um, in case nolan kicks me out or something which he probably will with cameron's finking and i don't know what i'm gonna say or do. i just, i wanted you to have this. you can write whatever you want in it and you can write about the stars and poetry... i saw it in a shop the other day when i begged to go into town." he said as he pulled out a small black notebook from his jacket and handed it to her.

olivias hand dropped from charlie's cheek as she grabbed the notebook, looking down at it. "oh, charlie... i love it already, thank you so much." she said with a smile looking back up at him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"of course. consider it to be an early christmas gift." he smiled, wrapping his arms around her securely, kissing the top of her head.

"thank you. not only for this but for everything really. while you may be a dumbass sometimes and a fool, you're my dumbass fool." olivia said as she slowly pulled away from charlie.

"and you're my smartass dork." charlie said in response to what olivia said.

olivia smoked, laughing. "god, i hate you but love you so much as well." she said, pressing her lips against his.

charlie kissed her back, his hands around her waist. unlike the other kisses they had shared, this one was far more different. it was lustful and passionate. almost like they were never going to see each other again.

"i love you, dork, don't ever forget that, okay?" charlie asked after pulling away.

"i'll never forget it. never in a thousand million years. i love you too, more than all the stars i could even count." olivia said and charlie nodded.

"okay.. i gotta go to my room now before i'm in even deeper trouble. i'll see you later." he said, tucking a strand of olivia's hair behind her ear and kissing her cheek.

"i'll see you later. be smart." she said as charlie began to walk down the hallway, letting go of her hesitantly.

"i'll try!" he exclaimed from a bit down the hallway.

~~
1538 words!!

i'm not crying you are