Chapter 4

After Dinner, Ada proposes to El and Polly to meet Freddie at the Garrison Pub.

When they arrive, they see Mr. Shelby at Freddie's table.

"Oh, there you are, I wondered when you'd get there! " exclaimed Mr. Shelby.

"I'm sorry, he invited himself to my table and offered me a drink, I didn't know what to do," Freddie whispered in Ada's ear.

"It's all right, darling, it's not your fault!  Kissing him. What are you doing here? »

"I thought it would make you happy."

"On the contrary, we'd rather be dead than have you at our table, my dear brother-in-law" said Polly, smashing her cigarette next to his hand.

"Arthur Shelby Sr., there's a fight going on right now, will you join in that fight for a bet? "said an unknown man

"oh why not, I'm sorry I have to go"

"We won't miss you, and if it's possible don't come back at all" Polly said, staring at him.

A few minutes later, the Garrison door opened and the boys were back from their evening with Kimber.

"Beverages for everyone and offers by the house" Thomas said as he approached the table.

"I guess your plan worked well" said Ada.

"More than that, my dear sister, it was a masterpiece" laughed John.

Grace is getting closer.

"It's all thanks to you, thank you so much for your help."

"I haven't done much of anything."

"Oh of course we have the exact plan to betray him, thanks to you, we know his weak points" says Thomas.

Eleanor looks at Grace, gives her her drink.

"Oh, wonderful. You know the drinks aren't going to pour themselves. Your mission's over. You can go back to your post."

"I'm sorry, I'll do it right now."

"Thank you, with ice... »

Everyone around the table is wondering why she's behaving this way.

"it's her job, isn't it? Where's Arthur?"

"He saw Father coming in, left with him" said John.

"I hope he doesn't get caught........"

She couldn't finish her sentence when Thomas took her by the arm and brought her to the private room. The two of them look at each other, a long moment of silence sets in before Thomas speaks.

"What was that with Grace, huh? »

"what was what?"

"what you just did."

"I haven't done anything wrong."

"El, she's done her mission, she's succeeded, she's earned her night's work in peace."

"Oh, I see, you treat her right when you can't see a thing."

"What does that mean? If it's about this morning..."

"this morning, oh, but nothing like last night, by the way."

"Look, El, you know how I am... I didn't mean to hurt you..."

"Oh Thomas Shelby, you're not the one who's gonna make me cry and it's got nothing to do with what happened... Tommy, I don't trust her..."

"Who? Grace? »

"Yeah, she, I don't know, there's something wrong with her."

"maybe it's you? »

"Excuse me ? Are you kidding me ? You know what Thomas you really are the worst kind of scumbag !!!!! "  Eleanor opens the door and leaves.

"El..."  While trying to catch her. But it was too late, she had already left the Garrison, Ada followed her.

Even though it was dark and the streets weren't very safe, El walked the streets of Birmingham until she felt tired, empty. A place attracts her, even though she hates it, she searches for the name of her dear brother "James Gregory Brown" who left too soon. That's when she sees it, his grave... she decides to sit next to even though the pain inside her is eating away. One tear flows, two tears, three tears, then suddenly she starts crying until she can't breathe.

"James... I'm sorry I didn't come sooner... but I couldn't get used to the idea that you were gone... and that... forever... My little brother...Jimmy...I always told you I'd protect you...I'm sorry....I couldn't protect you from that horrible war.......I miss you, I wish you'd tell me what to do, I love him but I hate him for what he does to me......I need your advices, I need you little brother........I'm sorry..."

"El... come here" while collapsing in Ada's arms.

" I'm relieved you're here my Ada "

"I'm here, we made a promise that we'd always be there for each other."

Eleanor holds her best friend in her arms, she knows that she can always trust her and count on her in good times and bad. The fights with Thomas, made her completely forget that the next day was her birthday. She doesn't know that her birthday will remain memorable in good times as well as in bad. 

Hieeeee, chapter 4 is here ! :D 

So what do you think ? what's going to happen to her birthday ? 

i feel so inspired right now so next chapter very soon byeeee xoxo