The Thunder Breaks When I Open My Mouth

TW:// Mentions of Sex Toys, Sexual Innuendos, Depression, it's Remus what did you fucking expect?!

Also: please note when the author talks about depression it is based on his own personal experience with depression. I do not speak for everyone when I say some things about depression. 

Enjoy the chapter :)

Unedited

"Hey Remus!"

Remus turned around when he noticed that Patton was standing right behind him. Suddenly, he smiled and lunged forward to give him a hug. What a surprise! Remus didn't expect to find Patton here of all places, at a book store! Remus doesn't read but he heard Virgil and Logan like reading a lot and read together sometimes so he decided to either try and get into it or find a book to give to Virgil as a present. He really really really wants to be a good boyfriend for Virgil, more than he loves eating frozen meals without cooking them.

"Wow! I didn't expect you to be here! Hello!"

Remus had to remind himself to mind his yelling. He doesn't really interact with Patton much because Logan and Roman are both extremely overprotective of him, but Patton's a cool dude. Remus likes him at least.

"Howdy Hey hello to you too, buckaroo! What are you doing here?"

"Logan's birthday is coming up and I'm looking for a present! Logan doesn't normally like it when I go out alone, but I don't need to be protected and looked after all the time. I wish he understood that... but that's not important! What are you here for Remrem?"

That is the most adorable nickname Remus has ever been called. Remus will protect this sweet boy no matter what. Anyone who hurts him will get a mace to the head.

"I'm looking for a gift too! Well, my gift is for Virgil. I know he and Logan have a little book club and meet up to read and stuff like that so I wanted to get him a little gift. But if Logan's birthday is coming up I think I'll go ahead and get him something too."

Patton's expression completely brightened from that. This cute little cinnamon deserves all the hugs! But he isn't a soft uwu. Patton is strong in many ways. He understands a lot more than people give him credit for and he is strong enough to see the positives in the world when so many negatives are shoved in his face. People need to realize that Patton is much stronger than people think he is and need to think of him as more than just 'UwU cinnamon roll sweet boy' because he is so much more than that. This has been a PSA.

"Okay, I can help! I know Logan really likes Sci-Fi and Historical Fiction. Virgil really likes Fantasy Romance. Maybe you can help me pick out a good book! And reach the top shelves. I'm not very tall."

"You seem to know things better than me, so show the way."

"Yay! Let's go!"

Patton, without skipping a beat or asking for permission, latched on to Remus's hand and started dragging him at a super fast pace basically half way across the bookstore. Remus didn't mind. He always liked it when people held his hand. Hand holding is such a nice feeling. Why do people criticize platonic hand holding or any hand holding when it isn't romantic? Not all hand holding is romantic. Hand holding is just a nice feeling to have. Friends, family, lover, who cares! Just hold hands, it feels nice. This has been another PSA.

So Patton dragged Remus down several aisles of the library labyrinth, scanning the shelves and hurrying around without stopping. Then Patton suddenly halted, probably realizing he didn't process any of the information he just took in. That's a mood. Remus didn't mind, though. He liked Patton the most out of Virgil's friends he met while helping him move in. Logan was cool but he reminded Remus too much of his tenth grade English teacher and we don't like to talk about her. She was a huge bitch who liked to harass her students. Take that as you will.