Summer Festival

Começar do início

"Dad

"Dad... How are you?" No matter how tall she grew, she always felt tiny in her father's embrace.

"My arm is better. I wanted to watch the fireworks show." He explained.

-

No matter how much she tried to console herself, the pangs of truth disturbed her, that she was the reason why he was injured. Years back, when things were slowly falling apart, she had lost control over her emotions and also her powers.

The day was vivid in her memories like a freshly sharpened knife. She was deeply upset about something that happened in college and was immersed in her self pity. That was when her father noticed that she wasn't doing too well, and had gone up to console her.

He asked her if she was unable to cope with the academics and if she wanted to switch subjects. He comforted her that he and Touya would take up the responsibility and work overtime to save up for her, but what he didn't realise was that Sakura had to fight this battle alone. Her father's offer to help deeply upset her, and these strong emotions pushed a series of events which changed the course of her future.

With a flash, an arrow of ice swept through the glass windows beside them, leaving both of them in momentary shock. When Sakura opened her eyes, she had her hand bruised slightly, but when she looked down, she saw her father lying on the floor with deep cuts all over his arm and glass pieces with blood glistening on the rims. In a state of panic, she looked around in search for someone she could grasp to move out of this shock. When her vision cleared a bit she saw a figure standing outside with a bow. When she looked carefully, she realised it was 'The Arrow.'

Ever since then, she moved out of her home, and took up the flat she is living in as of present. This was also just before her cards suddenly disappeared for a day.

-

Sakura tried to brush away these thoughts and put on a cheerful face for her family.

"Well then, fireworks it is!" Sakura put her arm around his and stood by him.

"I want to try out some of the food from the new store that has recently opened. Let's go get some snacks before the fireworks start." Yukito added.