Extra: The Other Generation

Start from the beginning

"I don't think your mom likes me anymore."

"Your dad seems to not like me either but whatever. We're just friends, right?"

"Yep," she nodded. "I'll have to ask first. I'll tell you after school Monday, okay?"

"Sure, " he chuckled, "Such an eighth grader."

"Whatever, freshman."

"Hey! I'm in the big leagues now. Officially in high school."

"Still can whoop your ass in COD."

"Not fair, you know I suck at first person shooters."

There was a knock on the door, "You have three minutes!"

Rory rolled her eyes, "People are so immature." She picked at her nails and conversed with Leo for the remaining time. When they both walked out though Tally was frantic running up to them both.

"I'm so sorry, Aurora. I swear it just slipped."

"What are you talking about?"

"Aurora you never told me you were a basket case," Tiara, the twisted bitch that was obsessed with Joseph, said.

"What," she hissed.

"Tally here blabbed about you and Leo, how cute, and in asking Joseph about his precious little sister, you know what he said?"

"Joseph?" Rory whispered, staring at him. He turned away from her.

"He said you like to use your skin as a canvas. So show us."

"What? No."

"Stop, Tiara," Leo said, going towards Joseph and pushing him on the shoulder.

"No way, I gotta see this," she laughed and started to grab at Rory. Others too.

"Stop it!"

***

"I don't have anything to say to you," Toni croaked, shaking her head. She turned into Darren's chest and continued to cry.

"Mom?" Elena, now nine, worries about her mothers tears. Darren cleared his throat, "Take your brother and go upstairs." Elena nodded, took Micah's hand and left upstairs.

"Both of you, sit."

Toni and Darren sat across from each other and Joseph and Rory did the same. Rory winced, pressing the ice pack harder onto her cheek. Joseph tapped at his glass of water while Rory stared down at hers.

"Say it," Darren snapped. "Say whatever the hell you're thinking."

"There's nothing to say," Joseph mumbled.

"Speak up!"

"There's nothing to say, dad! Her and Leo got called out and that's what happened."

"You're telling me that your sister got--for lack of a better word, beat--because of some shit with Leo?"

"No, I-"

"He told them about me cutting myself. Told them I was a basket case." Rory's voice was hollow and quiet.

"But that hasn't been happening recently, right?" Toni was shaking, concerned for her daughters well being.

She shook her head, "No."

"Who in the hell could you trust so much that you tell our family's business to them."

"Doesn't trust her," Rory said, "He's just sprung on her since she gave it up."

Joseph's eyes widened, "Shut up!"

"How did it feel losing your virginity to the school's whore."

"Joseph," Toni gasped.