Part 6

As Ladybug sat beneath the setting sun, on the top of Notre Dame, Chat's suggestion from earlier that week stood out in her mind. "Come join me," He repeated in her mind. As if summoned, Chat appeared behind her, dropping a mocking superhero line. "Did you like my little bank stunt?" He asked, a playful tone in his voice.

"They have security footage of you, y' know,"

"How do you know that was me?"

"You're the only person in Paris who has the ability to use cataclysm,"

"Well, looks like you got me," He mocked a defeated expression.

"About what you said the other night..." She avoided his gaze. "I would never completely abandon Paris, but I do feel pressured by their expectations,"

"Does the famous Ladybug want to rebel?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Not completely, I just want to get out of the spotlight, as you said..." Ladybug sighed. "I want to do something wild," She stood up, adrenaline pumping through her veins.

"Ok, let's go rob a store,"

"How do you say that so casually,"

"It just comes naturally to me, just like flirting," He winked. Ladybug felt her heart flutter. As they landed on the rooftop of a small business, Chat Noir guided her through the complex security system. Ladybug realized that she had a skill for stealth, and planning each move carefully. Almost 6 years of fighting Akuma's every other day really helped in the plan building department. Chat Noir used cataclysm on the cashier, setting a shrill alarm to blare as they ran out a back exit, climbing onto the roof again and running away laughing with money in each hand. Ladybug felt a small bit of guilt lay over her, but it was overshadowed by adrenaline and a sense of freedom. She watched as police cars passed by the alley they had been hiding in, Chat gesturing for her to stay beside him by placing his arm across her chest while he peered behind the wall to the street.

"Now I know why you always do that,"

"Are you done being a complete hero?" He jokingly asked.

"No, Paris still needs someone who can protect them,"

"I know..." His voice trailed the word. "If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me," He winked, before running off. Ladybug wasn't sure why he left in such a hurry, his ring transformation didn't expire as quickly as it did when they were partners, but she realized that he was headed for her apartment balcony, exactly where he often went after any crime he committed. Ladybug dashed home with the duffle bag of money, landing nimbly on her balcony with no cat in sight. Marinette now had $1,000 to herself, with no way to cover it up. As she reached for her balcony door, she saw it partially opened. Someone was inside. She quietly snuck into the apartment, avoiding any possible noise. As she turned into her small kitchen, she saw the black cat rummaging through her fridge.

"Chat!" The look on his face told her that he had found something out recently. She didn't know how his facial expression told her that, but she knew she was right. Marinette quickly threw the bag away from her.

"Princess, Where were you? I was starting to get worried," He mocked a worried expression, almost throwing himself into her arms as he laid his hand on his head dramatically.

"Did you search my entire apartment?" She asked, closing the fridge door.

"Why yes, maybe a sudden Akuma appeared and you were the first of a new trend,"

"There hasn't been an Akuma attack for a year and a half," She rolled her eyes, knowing his accusation wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

"You keep track? I thought only Ladybug would've known that," His words caught her off guard. Had he found out? He still hadn't mentioned anything.

"I-it's not that hard to keep track of the days, Chaton," His heart fluttered at the sudden recurrence of the nickname, the last time someone called him by that name was after Hawk Moth was defeated by Ladybug.

"It will be okay, Chaton," Her words always stuck with him. He hadn't been okay ever since Hawk Moth's trial, he only felt partially safe around Marinette and the few times he actually came in direct contact with Ladybug.

"Even I didn't know how many days it's been," He cooed, pushing the memories the nickname brought back to the deepest part of his mind.

"I'm just very..." She paused, searching her mind for the correct word to use. "Observant?" She said with a nervous smile on her face. "Anyway, Chat, you seem rather comfortable today. Any reason why?" If it was possible, he was more comfortable around Marinette, knowing that she was Ladybug. But why would she keep him around? Why not just call the police? or just arrest him on the spot?

"Princess... What's that bag for?" He pointed to the duffle bag, avoiding her question. Marinette's heart started racing, in sync with her thoughts. If Chat saw the money he would know she was Ladybug.

"Nothing!" She rushed to the bag and picked it up again, quickly throwing it in her room. Chat knew exactly what it was but he decided to brush it off. Marinette began to take out a pot and set it on the stove. She made macaroni for the both of them, chatting while Chat eagerly listened. As she talked about fashion and her new job opportunity, he saw the spark of inspiration and excitement in her eyes, and soon, he found himself staring at her longingly. Whenever she would glance over, he would move his gaze to somewhere else. She did the same as well when he talked about the fun times he and Ladybug had that earlier day.

Chat knew he liked Marinette, he was head over heels in love with her. He wasn't sure how she felt about him. She seemed to talk to him the same way she talked to Adrien, but little did he, and Marinette know. She had also fallen for a black cat.