Lynxter

Attention: I am aware that Lynx will be making a comeback in Book 14, and my opinion over her might change in the future depending on how it goes. But, for now, my opinion is pretty clear.

Sorry to sound dramatic, but if Lynxter ends up being canon, I will have zero faith in Tui's ability to write basic romance.

We. Know. Nothing. Of this character.

"But she was nice to Winter!"

OK, she's nice...what else?

We see her for two scenes, and she ends up being extremely forgettable to me. I actually forgot she existed by the time I finished Winter Turning, until I found out about Lynxter. I had to check Wiki to remember this character.

And no, I don't care if she's nice. The reason I love Winter, because he's a jerk. I love jerk characters, because they're realistic. Not everybody is peaches and cream like Sunny, some had tough lives, and our generally the worse, and I love it.

Sure, not everyone is going to agree, and that's alright.

Lynx can still be nice. But, why can't she also be snarky? Or haughty? Or funny? Why can't she have an actual personality besides from nice?

"But Winter thinks she's pretty!"

Well, Clay thought Glory was beautiful. Why aren't we shipping them?

Besides, Winter's mind immediately reverted back to Moon, once meeting Lynx. This scene right here, shows Lynx's whole role:

She's a backup, just like Fatespeaker. Except, it's worse. At least we get scenes with Starflight and Fatespeaker, and get a understanding of her personality. Lynx was just a throwaway character.

And if Lynx really was important to Winter's life, why wasn't she introduced in one of Winter's flashbacks from his time in the Ice Kingdom? Just give me something to understand her better!

"But, Winter trusted her."

Winter didn't have a choice.

Almost everyone in the Kingdom hated his guts. He couldn't practice with Hailstorm, because he was competing against him. Lynx was the only option. Winter chose her to train with him because there was literally no one else!

Finally, isn't Winter still getting over Moon? Why immediately give him a love interest, when he's still healing?

Tui, I love you. But, please stop ruining Winter's arc!

Pros: Again, I'm still waiting for Book 14 like everyone else. MAYBE my view on Lynx will change, along with her relationship with Winter.

Cons: She's a bland piece of wheat bread that wouldn't even begin to compare to a interesting character like Winter. Also, I'm pretty sure 90% of the fandom will be shipping Lynxfall instead of Lynxter by the end of Dangerous Gift.