༄ؘ ✧ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

Start from the beginning

"There it is! A town!" Rayla sounded excited. "I knew I saw smoke. Maybe we can find help."

"Okay, sure," Callum nodded. "We might find a dragon egg expert. But we will definitely find a bunch of elf-hating humans."

Rayla scoffed and waved her hand. "No problem," she took Ezran's cloak out of his bag and put it on, spinning in a circle and putting the hood up to cover her horns. "Get ready to meet... human Rayla!"

Marin held in a laugh while her brothers looked completely unconvinced. "Yeah," Callum said. "I'm not sure that's gonna cut it."

"Just wait," Rayla grinned. "Once I pair my disguise with my perfect human impression, the illusion will be complete," she cleared her throat, attempting to use an accent to cover her already prominent one. "Greetings, fellow humans! Human fellows! I sure do like hanging out with other humans, and talking about things like money, and starting wars."

"That's... pretty good, actually," Ezran and Callum glanced at each other.

Marin, though, was cracking up laughing and holding her stomach. "It's..." she wheezed. "It's so accurate! Do another one!"

"Totally, my good human friend! High four!" she raised her hand.

Ezran and Marin both slapped her hand, Marin still laughing, but Callum still looked unimpressed. "Uh... Can you impersonate a fifth finger?"

"Right, right," Rayla pulled her hand back. "I need some kind of a... hand disguise," she looked around and saw a house nearby with a snow-man in front of it and she grinned. "Look! Snow-elf!"

"I'm pretty sure that's a snow-man," Ezran said as she ran off.

"Oh, let her have her fun," Marin chuckled and jogged after Rayla.

Rayla took the gloves and put them on her hands, proudly showing them off to the three siblings. "Hand disguise!" The pinkies fell, due to her not having any, and Rayla frowned.

"Just don't shake hands with anyone," Callum said.

He and Ezran walked toward the town, but Marin took the carrot nose and broke it in half, handing the two pieces to Rayla who stuck them back into the snowy head. "Snow-elf."

ؘ ・゚: *・゚:*

𝑾𝑨𝑳𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑨𝒀𝑳𝑨 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑮𝑯 𝑨 𝑯𝑼𝑴𝑨𝑵 𝑻𝑶𝑾𝑵 𝑾𝑨𝑺 𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑫𝑺 𝑫𝑶𝑾𝑵 𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑶𝑭 the funniest things Marin had ever experienced. The impression was so horribly bad that it was good, and Marin loved seeing the strange looks they were receiving from others. Rayla's fake accent was also horrible, but Marin thought that it was amusing so she didn't tell her.

"Just walking into town, without a care in the world," Rayla mused fakely. "Despite my sub-century life expectancy."

"Shh!" Callum shushed her.

Ezran grinned and turned around. "That's the spirit!"

The group came to a stop at the back of a crowd, and Callum put his hand out in front of Rayla and his sister to stop them from going any further or walking in front of him and Ezran. A man stood in the center of the two square, boosted up on top of the fountain ledge for everyone to see him while he boasted about his accomplishments.

"I defended the border against all manners of horrors and monstrosities!" the man shouted. "Things you can't even imagine! There's nothing I fear now!"

Around so many people, Marin usually would have double checked her armbands to make sure they were secure around her forearms to cover her spots of blue-colored skin, but now that her armbands were gone, she didn't even care. There were multitudes of excuses she could use. Callum was an artist, so she could just say her brother spilled paint on her or something and it stained. It's not that unbelievable.