"Hey! So what happened to you and that demon?"
Joey's cheerful tone makes me leap from the ground. Shit! That was too obvious!
"Why do you look so surprised?"
She chuckles.
"Nothing really. I'm just exhausted lately, you know?"
I tell her a half truth and a half lie with a nervous smile. Damn it!! You're too bad at lying, Jo!! I instantly know I was too easy to read when she smirks at me like Grinch.
Oh no...

"Spit it, Langford!"
She presses as hard as a cop, which I helplessly give in. Sighing I mumble,
"We spent a night together."
The moment I said those words, I noticed they must be misunderstood by her without failing. I tried to add more information but it is too late. Even my brain became stupid not only my mouth because of the tiredness. How wonderful!!

"You did what?!?!?!"
Her eyes are forming perfect circles now as she shouts, making a few people outside our shop turn their head to us.
"What did you do, Jo?! Of all people, you did it with him?! Fuck!! How was it? Was it hurt? Was he big? Ahhhhhhh!!!! I'm too curious!!!"
She's fanning her face and breathing shallowly as though she ran a mile at the top speed.

"What?! No!! Ugh! Thinking about doing it with him makes me nauseous. We were trapped in an elevator last night and we slept in the same box with no choice. That's it!"
My voice sounds funny at the end, implying I'm still hiding something. And being a shrewd detective as she is, of course, she doesn't miss it.
"Don't lie. Now tell me everything or I'll never go Black Friday sales with you anymore."
That is too mean to use my favorite tradition of ours as a threat! But she looks dead serious so I reluctantly begin explaining.

"Well, he might have kissed me before we went home and he might have announced that we were dating to the entire school."
I don't know why but my face heats up to the boiling point. A weird feeling also came out from somewhere as I mention about that kiss part. What's wrong with me?

"You. Are. Not. Serious."
I can't tell what expressions she's having ; surprised, excited, shocked, relieved, or the blend of all of them?
"Unfortunately I am."
I sigh in defeat pitying my misfortune. I feel like I'm the unluckiest person in the world right now. Nonetheless, my lips are unknowingly curled up into a suppressed smile. Probably my lips got stupid, too.

Noticing my incomprehensible state, she says with such excitement.
"I've got a perfect idea!!! Why don't we double date this Sunday? You guys and my boyfriend and me!!"
Is she out of her mind?!
"Hell no!! Our relationship is nothing like that!!!"
I frantically scold her, which only triples her grin after all.
"'Our relationship', huh? I see hot tea in it, young lady."
She's unbelievable!! This is your fault, my stupid lips!!!

I'm sure if we stick to this topic, she will make everything I say as "hot tea" so I change the subject.
"But I really envy you, Joey. You are dating with the man you love the most."
Her face changes into cloudy in a flash.
"You're not over with him?"
She hesitantly asks and I immediately realize she's talking about Ross. Ross...

To be honest, a small part of me still likes him not as a friend, which is totally meaningless though. Yet, his all the memories of his kindness flood in my heart and they choke me. His small smile tightens my chest like a chain.

I couldn't reply anything to her in the end when Scarlett's dramatic voice echoed from behind us.
"Forget him!"
Jesus! Where the hell does she appear every time?!?! Looking at Joey, she is exclaiming the same thing by her face.
Despite our states, she keeps going in a tone which sounds like a theatrics.
"To forget a man, you must get another one. A new love can heal a wounded heart as they say."
"...Ok?"
"The man I once loved was called John, who healed my biggest heartbreak with his singing voice and sweet words long time ago. He always wore weird round glasses but his songs were by far the best. My favorite was 'Imagine' incidentally."
Then she gives us the fakest sad smile in history and disappears into the staff room.
Wait. Does she happen to be talking about John Lennon???? How the heck old is she???????

Although her story was ridiculous, she might have some point about the part not concerning John Lennon, of course.
Maybe I can try going out with someone? But with who specifically? When I recall all the boys I know, the first person that hits me is that jerk to my shame. Fuck. My brain got stupid now.
I mean, will it work if we go on a date with Joey and her boyfriend?
Thinking.
Thinking.
Thinking.
Yeah, it's as hopeless as finding a marriage ring you fall into the Mariana Trench. Hahaha.

Our shifts finish and we walk home together chatting about random things. After saying "See you." to her, I enter my apartment house and tiredly walk to our room. I'm exhausted now.

Opening the door, however, I am greeted by an unpleasant guest arrogantly sitting on our sofa.

Why??????? Why the fuck is he here in my home?????? Wait. Did I get into a wrong room? No way since my parents and Kat are also here!!!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!!

He focuses his evil gaze on me who's in panic, and annoyingly grins.
"You came home late, Langford."

🌻A.N.🌻
Thank you for reading!!
Hero is in Josephine's apartment now😂
What do you think will happen next??
Stay tuned :)

P.S.
I'm so sorry but I'll be updating this story every other day from today because I have to study for the tests in my university😰 But I'll try to write as much as I can!!

Kaia Gomez🦋