It was enlightening, thrilling, beautiful even.

Everything was so smooth and connected, the voice of the man sent chills up my spine. I was so overwhelmed as I listened to that person create something so magnificent just with their voice.

What was this masterpiece called?

I began to search through the box again, only this time more desperate to find clues. I searched through every box on the shelf, skimming through the books on the wall, hoping and searching for an answer. My eyes widened as I found a familiar symbol that looked just like the little icon on the square screen. The symbol was decorated all over the cover of the book, and my eyes trailed down to the title.

The Passion and Creativity of Music.

I delicates graced my fingers over the worn out, elegant letters.

Music.

That's what it was.

I began to study more about it, trying to figure out every detail about it and why it was banned from the District. Music was such an incredible thing, something that could move people's hearts. It was so versatile, so unique; I loved it.

I discovered that the what the man was doing with his voice was called singing, and I wanted to try it out myself. I tried to get my hands on any digital classified information about singing, finding different vocal exercises and tradition children songs deep in the depths of all the files. I started with those, almost shocked at hearing my own voice, singing different notes in different patterns, forming a song.

I felt so alive whenever I sang, like something sparked inside me whenever music was involved. Singing caused any worry or stress to wither away with a single tune. I felt so much joy in music, and I couldn't understand why the District wouldn't let others experience the same feeling.

I decided that if the District tried its best to keep it hidden, then I'd do everything I could to reveal it to the world.

I found out that the title of the very first song I listened to was called "A Piece of You," and I immediately wanted to learn it. I practiced everyday, even before I went to bed. I'd hum the tune as I'd walk from classroom to classroom, my voice being drowned out by the sound of chattering students. I'd practice by the River warming up my voice and running through the song again and again. I'd go to the secret room to retrieve the headphones and listen to "A Piece of a You" over and over, hoping to memorize the lyrics.

When the time came, I felt more ready than ever to sing in front of every one.

It was a Resting Day; everyone was out and about enjoying their time of relaxation, soaking up all the fresh air. I subtly made my way over to the very center of the District, where a fountain was built. I looked around to see who was near me, just a few groups of students chatting to each other, and a few instructors and other employees strolling along the path.

I took a deep breath and stepped onto the edge of the fountain, earning a few people's attention. Soon a bunch of eyes were on me, questioning what I was doing on that fountain. I became a little nervous, doubting if this was really something I should be doing. Was I even ready?

I quickly shook off any doubtful or negative thoughts.

These people need to hear this. I thought to myself. Show them.

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth, letting my voice spill out to the small crowd of people who were confused by my actions.

"Your presence next to me,
I took it for granted
I didn't know I should've been thankful
Like the rain that will come when it is due