Genesis

The world has finally collapsed.

Everything was plunged into chaos, including the media and society and the government when ataxias, people with strange abilities like superpowers, first started appearing. There are many theories to how they started popping up, evolution (which was proven to be false decades ago), mutation from radiation, experimentation, and many more. But the truth is that ataxias were first caused by pollution of the ocean from a toxic chemical that poisoned the water source, like agent orange from Vietnam years ago.

The government struggled with putting society's broken pieces back together as they revolted and declared mutiny, which only created more trouble. "The Clandestine" were a large group of ataxias and regular people alike who were the main reason why the government was destroyed. Out of the abnormal, a young man rose up from the ashes, Frank Meyer, who declared he wanted peace and rounded up the world leaders (or of those who were left) and created the world government. And he was the head among them. The planet was put to rest for a while, putting ataxias at peace.

But soon the power was corrupted. Claiming that ataxias were the root of all their problems, President Meyer made a new law that ataxias were illegal all over the world. And so with these arising troubles, ataxias were murdered all across the globe. Many suffered and were tortured by going in experimentation, others were slaughtered, others went into hiding with constant fear of being discovered. When this disease-like spreading of ataxias finally stopped, around 85% of the world had these odd abilities. The other 15% were regular people, immune to the disease.

And where the chaos first started is where our story begins. Welcome to the nightmare of the future.