Chapter 14: Like old times

Start from the beginning

I got out of bed and found a pair of black skinny jeans along with a white shirt that had a pink paw print on the left side of the chest, then threw on a black bomber jacket over that. I was too lazy to physically flat iron my hair, so I used a quirk to get it done in a split second. Once I finished getting ready, I walked out of the bathroom. As I passed Chi, I placed a quick kiss on his cheek before I left the bedroom. I saw that Rikka was already out of her room, so I knew that she was in the bathroom getting ready. Since I noticed that Reiji's room light was still on, I knocked on the door and walked in. He was pushing two pieces together while he had a flustered expression.

"You're just in time, mother." he said through gritted teeth before there was a pop. His face lit up with joy as he admired his work. He then held it up as he said, "I just finished it!"

"Wow, so does it work?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders with a smile before saying, "I dunno...it has to set in the sun to charge."

"Well then, in that time you can go to bed. You look like a literal raccoon." I said.

"As if you don't?" he said as he stood up and walked to the window in his room. He pushed the curtain back and placed the invention in the window, waiting for the sun to charge it.

I then said, "You should go to bed. Your brain needs to rest."

He turned towards me and removed his glasses. "I suppose I should."

With or without his glasses, he looked like Chi. Rei's eyes were the same beautiful blue as his fathers and- well, everything made him look like Chi. I smiled a little upon seeing his deep blue eyes.

"Thank you. Now, if you need me, I'm going to be at the getaway house with Rikka, training her and her friends along with their parents." I informed Rei.

He sat on the edge of his bed as he said, "Alright, just don't go too hard on her."

"I won't." I said before I began to walk towards the door.

'I will.'

I stopped in the doorway and said, "Sleep well." before closing the door behind me and turning towards the stairs and making my way down them.

Rikka was waiting for me by the door. She turned to me as I began to put my shoes on and said, "I'm sorry I decided to skip class...and got Otokari and Tamori to skip with me too."

I stood back up after slipping on a pair of classic black Converse shoes, "It's alright, hun, I just hope that you will learn your lesson."

"I will, mother." she said quietly.

"Good. Now, are you ready?" I asked, which she nodded her head.

I then teleported us to the park that we were all to meet up at. They were all there except for Shinso and Otokari. Just as I was going to ask everyone else where they were, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped a little as I activated a quirk out of reflexes that levitated the person up and away from me. I turned around and quickly brought the person down to the ground.

"I'm so sorry! You scared me." I said to Shinso, who put his hands in his pockets.

He huffed, "It's alright, I wasn't hurt or anything, so I don't care."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded his head, "Yes, I'm sure."

"Alright then; " I said before I turned to everyone else, "Is everyone ready?"

They all said yes in their own way before I heard Shinso say, "What?" quietly. I turned to see that Otokari had a hand on Shinso's arm with an unsure expression.