The Day My Life Would Change Forever

I stared at the screen of the bright blue pregnancy test, waiting for something to happen. I couldn't move, I was frozen still standing in the bathroom. Suddenly something came up on the tiny screen, and I broke down crying. I was sat on the floor and howling now, tears rolling down my cheeks and nose.

From this moment, my life would change forever. From this moment, I would no longer be a normal fifteen year old girl. My train of thought ended when I heard a knock at the door.

"Is everything alright sweetie?" my mum called from the other side of the door.

I sniffed and unlocked the door still not getting up from my sitting position.

"I heard you crying and I..." she stopped as she saw the pregnancy test on the floor. My mum stared at me, listening for and answer. After a few seconds I managed to speak.

"Mum I'm pregnant." I said and started crying again. She sat next to me and hugged me tightly.

"It's alright honey, you can bring this baby into the world, you'll be a great mother"

That was not the reaction I had expected. I thought she would be ashamed of me and already calling an abortion clinic by now. But then again, I was born when she was seventeen.

••••••••••••••

Once my mum had calmed me down, telling me it would be ok and saying that she would be there for me, I got up and looked in the mirror. I looked like an ugly panda so I washed of my makeup (or what was left of it) and went downstairs. I was greeted at the bottom of the stairs by my sister Meghan.

"Are you alright, Niamh? Mum told me what happened and I want you to know that we are all here for you, and I remember how scared and alone I felt when I thought I was pregnant last year." Meghan comforted me.

"Thanks Meghan, I love you." I replied

" Love you too, you need to call Aiden." She reminded me.

Shit. I had completely forgotten about telling Aiden. I didn't know how he would take the news, what if he said he didn't love me? What if he wanted me to have an abortion?

No. He wouldn't say any of those things, he has been my boyfriend for over a year now and we have talked about having kids in the future, I just didn't think it would be this soon.

I couldn't bear to think about what he might say anymore, so I just called him to get it over with.

"Hi babe, can you come over to mine?"

"Yeah sure I'll be over in 10 minutes. I love you baby girl"

"Love you too."

I put down my Iphone and sighed that was the easy part done, now for the difficult bit.

•••••••••••••••••

The doorbell rang and I went downstairs to answer it. Aiden was standing at the door and he hugged me as soon as he saw me. I gave him a quick kiss and told him we had to talk upstairs.

We got into my room and he looked a bit nervous.

"You're not breaking up with me are you?" he asked.

His forehead crinkling up. He looked so cute, his brown hair flopping to the side, his dreamy brown eyes staring at me.

"Of course I'm not" I said I just need you to know something," I took a deep breath " I'm pregnant, with our baby."