Chapter 1

Scorpius was the prince, he had a lot of duties, a lot of pressure. So he did what any rational prin e would do.

He ran away. Not forever, just to get his mind off of things. He was only sixteen and needed time for his thoughts to calm down.

He took his horse and snuck out or the castle into the forest. He enjoyed the gentle breeze blowing in his face.

Suddenly he heard someo curse and a small scream. Scorpius went to check it out.

There was a boy, he looked about his age, he had raven hair and tan skin. Scorpius cleared his throat, not to grab his attention but to not sound stupid. "Are you alright?"

The boy jumped and looked as if he was trying to defend himself from Scorpius. Scorpius noticed a cut on his face and frowned, "Can I come closer?"

The boy nodded hesitantly. Scorpius jumped off his horse and walked closer until he was face to face with him. "Can I patch you up?"

The boy shrugged, "If you want to. I don't want to bother you."

"It's not a bother. I do like medical things." scorpius went to the horse and grabbed the first aid kit every horse in his castle had. "You shouldn't wash your wounds with the lake water. It's not really the cleanest. I have clean water. Can you lean back for me please? I don't need blood getting to your eyes." The boy laid down and Scorpius cleaned the cut. The boy hissed in pain but didn't tell Scorpius to wait. When scorpius finished he got out candy. "You want some?"

The boy sat up and gave him a strange look, "Candy?"

Scorpius nodded, "is there a problem? I promise they're not poisoned, I wouldn't kill someone I just patched up. Candy helps you make friends."

The boy gave him a small smile and took one. "Does this mean we're friends now?"

Scorpius nodded, "you took the candy. Now we're friends."

The boy smiled, "well then, hi. I'm Albus, you can call me Al."

"Hi Scorpius. I mean I'm Scorpius. You're Albus." Scorpius turned red, "I'm sorry, I'm very awkward."

Albus grinned at him, "we'll get along perfectly then. I'm also awkward."

Scorpius scooted closer feeling comfortable, "are you going to tell me how you got hurt then?"

Albus sighed, "I work with some people who don't really like me. Sometimes they take it too far. Some are from sleeping in the woods, I don't like my parents to see me like this."

Scorpius frowned. "do you always come here after work?" Albus nodded. "Then I can meet you again. I'll try my best to come here at the same time each day."

"I'd like that"