Chapter Fourteen - Zayn's Birthday

hey! sorry it took so long, getting the laptop, writer's block and all /: but here it is so i hope you all enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to nothing in particular. Nothing, at all. I had a long, uninterrupted, peaceful sleep. Something I needed. As I sat up in bed, I glanced over at my phone that was brightly lit. I had a message displayed on the screen. It was Jade. Seriously? She's downstairs.

Get up and say happy birthday to Zayn, you lazy nugget. 

She sent that two hours ago.

Oh, crap. Zayn's birthday! Luckily I had gotten him something days ago but no one has really brought it up so I completely forgot. I shot up out of bed, grabbed his present and burst the door open, leaving me to go racing downstairs. I forgot to mention it was lunch-time, so I suppose I was being rude. 

I burst into the kitchen, sliding around the door-frame frantically. Niall jumped in sudden fright, leaving his bag of chips to go flying and landing all over the place. He sighed ungratefully and I laughed. I walked calmly towards Zayn and gave him his present. I bowed down to him, my hand tucked into my lap and bowed my head down. He did the same to me and I giggled. In the corner of my eye I could see Niall's face light up, looking at me with a huge smile, braces revealing and dimples beginning to reveal themselves.

Zayn opened his present carefully, not wanting to rip the paper but he did anyway and laughed as he saw what it was.

"A comb, thanks Ursula." He hugged me.

"That's okay, Zayn. I know that's what you were just destined to get." I hugged back and giggled again.

"I was dying to get it," he smiled.

"You're always getting people the humerous gifts, Urs. Best gift-giver." Louis laughed.

"Wow, did Louis Tomlinson just say I was funny?" I gasp dramatically, shooting my hand on my heart.

"Yeah, funny at giving gifts." He smiled.

"What's my present gonna be, Urs?!" Harry joked.

"Oh yeah, you've got your birthday next month! I don't know what to get you but I'll figure something out. Argh, Zayn turning twenty, I don't like it. And Harry turning nineteen." 

"What's so wrong with me turning twenty? I'm a big boy now!" Zayn smiled triumphantly. All the boys laughed.

"Because you totally weren't before or anything." I laughed.

"No, I wasn't." He stated as-a-matter-of-factly. I burst into laughter and sat next to Niall. 

Liam glanced at me and gave me a knowing smile. Liam knows that I liked Niall. So he wanted us to be together. 

The silence broke by Liams phone ringing loudly.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Oh okay, Yep, got it. Oh, yes I'll let them know. Wait, so no school?" Liam blabbed.

What does he mean by no school?

He waited as the person on the other end was talking. 

"Okay, I'll let them know. Alright. Yep. Okay, bye Paul." Liam hung up and glanced at us who we were intently watching him.

"Looks like we're starting our tour early." Liam said. The boys all cheered. Jade screamed with happiness, flailing her arms around Harry and planting kisses all over his cheeks. I sat quiety on the couch, thinking and looking down at my nails.