"I was glamoured Claire." Myrnin's eyes were still dark as he watched Claire with a strong focus.

Claire's voice was soft when she spoke. "By who?"

"You already know who."

"Naomi," Myrnin nodded and decided to take a few steps back. "That's why Amelie took me, isn't it? Because Naomi had already came after me."

"She's looking for ways to hurt Amelie," Myrnin said. He wore dark blue velvet pants and a puffy, white pirate shirt. And surprisingly, flip-flops replaced his bunny-slippers.

"But Amelie had nothing to do with her death!"

"She doesn't care Claire. If she destroys Amelie, she destroys Morganville. That's why she wants you away from Naomi and safe with her."

"Why? Because Naomi glamoured you and made you bite me?"

"Because if something happens to Amelie, she wants you to be the one to take charge. Not me, not even Oliver. You."

"Me?" Claire lowered herself onto one of the lounges. "What good could I do?"

"What good could you do?" Myrnin looked at her as if she were crazy. "Claire, you arrived in town and found the very book that the vampire species had been searching desperately for. Amelie chose you to be my student, she chose you to be the one that learnt the secrets of Morganville. You were the one that helped me cure my insanity. You took on Bishop, the Draug, Magnus, death... and you won. My God, Claire. What good could you do? You could do anything if you wanted it that bad."

Claire took in a deep breath and looked away from Myrnin. Her stomach rumbled, again.

"You're hungry?" Myrnin said, seeming calmer. Claire nodded. "Stay. I'll get you food."

Myrnin was gone in a second, the wooden door closing shut behind her. She heard the lock being slid into place on the other side. Claire ran her hands over Shane's over-sized shirt she was wearing. Her hands bumped into something solid. Hidden in the waistband of her cotton shorts, was her phone. Claire smiled in relief, and pulled it out.

Her eyes skimmed briefly over the notifications that she had seven missed calls, all from Eve, Michael and Shane. Her heart filled with hope. She dialled home.   

MICHAEL'S POINT OF VIEW

I heard Claire's scream. It was hard to miss. I instantly turned to Shane. His eyes snapped open and he was off the couch in seconds.

"Claire!" I heard him yell, then he disappeared into the kitchen. I stood up, and raced into the kitchen behind him. I stopped, looking around the kitchen as Shane stormed outside. Eve almost ran into me, and I held her until she was steady on her feet.

"Where is she?" Eve said.

"Claire!" Shane yelled from outside.

I turned to Eve, "Stay inside, okay." She nodded, and I took out into the night air. She wasn't here. Shane ran back into the house, practically searching every room. Her scream had definetly come from the backyard. I was sure of it. Eve was gone when I made my way back into the house.

"Michael!" Eve yelled. She was standing just inside the house, with the front door wide open. I was at her side in seconds. "Shane ran out there! You can't just let him run through the streets at night."

"Lock all the windows and doors. I'll go get him."

And I was outside again. I heard Eve close the door, and her frantic breath as she dialled Claire's number. I started off towards Shane.