3- Truth

~Flashback~

|3rd Pov|

"Neko-chan!"

A reddish-brown haired boy came up to Katsumi and grabbed her by the hand. Katsumi looked at him while trying not to blush.

"We still have a relay to do before we leave, Neko-chan!"

Little Katsumi sighed and looked away.

"I told you not to call me that, Rin!"

Rin laughed and he was still holding her hand then at the moment, he started dragging her to the pool to get ready for the relay. After a few moments, we were outside digging the trophy.

"We earn this together, so it's not fair to keep it in our houses"

"We?"

Katsumi questioned Rin as he turned around to smile at her.

"Yes! You were also involved in it Neko-chan!"

"Yep! We earn it as a team, Katsumi-chan!"

Rin nodded as he closed the box of the trophy and buried it.

"We'll keep it buried here, like a time capsule until we dig it up when we grow up"

Haruka looked at him confused at what he just said.

"What? I'm romantic"

Rin smiled and stood up then he flashes us a final smile as he leaves to the train station. Katsumi looks up at the sky as smiling sadly because it was almost time to leave for America.

Time Skip~

Katsumi came back to visit her friend and say goodbye permanently. Because her mother said that she'll be staying with her aunt, not with them. Katsumi's eyes were dull as a cloudy day, she saw her father die in the pool in front of her own eyes. After a few days later, her brother died in the pool during his individual race.

Like that Katsumi's dream was crushed, she wanted to become a swimmer like her father and brother. Worst of all, her best friend challenged her in a race. At first, she denied it but after her "friend" insulted her and out of anger. She accepted the challenge.

It was
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A total disaster. Amelia tricked her well.... Mostly.. She kicked her in the knee because of that she got the surgery to repair her bone back in its place. The doctors told Katsumi that she couldn't swim anymore on the same night Katsumi, she went to her friend's house and told him everything that happened.

With that, she bid him goodnight and goodbye.

Katsumi went back to America.