2- Mystery and Confusion

|Katsumi's Pov|

"Eh? Are you sure, Katsumi-chan? What about the movers?"

"Don't worry about that Makoto, they just called me that they were going to be late. They will arrive at six, I still have time to kill."

I smiled and I could feel my hand tremble a bit because I promised myself I wouldn't be close to a pool or neither swim in one. I could see Rei's worriedly gaze on me and I nodded.

"Katsu-chan! How was America?"

"Well........ It's pretty much normal, it took me three days to get used to the hours there."

"That's cool, Katsumi-chan! Did you swim while you were there?"

"Um..... I didn't have the time since I was studying for classes and doing my homework as well."

I chuckled nervously and looked away  'how exactly am I supposed to tell them?' We took the train to Samezuka, I sighed when I looked at my phone. 'The movers are coming until midnight, they said that the traffic got worse because of the weather'

"Something wrong, Katsumi-chan?"

"I got a notice from the movers, they won't be able to make it until midnight because of the weather and the traffic.."

"Meaning you have nowhere to sleep."

"I mean... I can sleep on the floor with my jacket, I don't mind."

"Shiro-chan. You can stay with me if you want?"

"I don't want to be a bother to anyone"

"You won't be"

Time Skip~

We arrived at Samezuka, the guys left to change into their swimsuits except for Rei which he was standing next to me on my left and Kou was next to me on my right while talking about muscles. Worst of all, we were standing near the pool, I gripped tighter on the handle of my suitcase.

The guys came and run up to us with the captain of the swim club. I bowed a bit and he chuckled but all of a sudden they took Rei to pick out a swim gear. He came out and I facepalmed 'out of the choices he had to choose that one' I sighed and watched closely the training.

When Rei got up on the diving board, his form is perfect but.... He fell straight to the water, for a bit he didn't come out. I panicked and got my jacket off then my shoes as diving in the pool. I grabbed Rei and swam to the surface, Nagisa grabbed Rei while Makoto pulled me up but I fell to the floor coughing.

"Katsumi-chan!! Are you okay?!"

He tried to reach out to me and I moved that made his hand move back from doing anything else.

|Makoto's Pov|

"Katsumi-chan!! Are you okay?!"

I tried to reach out to her but she moved away and I moved my hand away from doing anything. 'Is she.... Afraid?' Suddenly she stood up and slapped Rei, my eyes widened at her sudden action.

"You stupid Idiot!! Why didn't you tell anyone that you can't swim!!?"

"Shiro-chan... I'm sorry...."

"Don't even say sorry!! This is your well-being Rei! Who knows, you could've drowned!!"

Katsumi-chan.... 'She's shaking a lot' she's gripping her hand hard, it started to bleed.

"Shiro-chan! Calm down!! Remember about your well-being!"

"Stop changing the subject, Rei!! I panicked! I thought I was going to lose you!!"

She's biting her finger to stop shaking but it's failing.

"Shiro-chan, please calm down!! Remember to breathe and calm down, now where's your medicine?"

Everyone's eyes widened when we heard the word medicine. 'What's going on with Katsumi?' We heard a voice from afar of the pool.

"What's going on here?.... Neko-chan?"

Neko-chan? Is Rin referring to Katsumi-chan? She looked up at Rin and got up while trying to walk his way but wobbled a bit.

"I'm.... Not...... In... The... Mood.... Shark...."

He chuckled and looked at her, worriedly 'why is he treating her nice but to us he treats us like crap'

"Alright! Who of you bastards threw Neko-chan to the pool?!"

"Rin, it was an accident and I accidentally slipped while walking then fell to the pool"

"Tch. Whatever."

He walks away and honestly I was a bit pissed at him for not asking Katsumi-chan if she was okay.

"Katsumi-chan! You're still soaking wet! Let me get my jacket from the dressing room!"

I ran to the locker room and grabbed the jacket.

Time Skip~

|Katsumi's Pov|

Makoto lends me his jacket and Haru was carrying my suitcase. I asked him I could carry it but he says no, I sighed and looked up at the sky.

"Katsumi-chan, what happened back there?"

"Makoto"

"Haru... It's fine besides you guys to deserve to know what happened since I know you guys as I knew Rei."

"What happened?"

"Well... Did you guys know my whole family?"

They both nodded and I continued.

"My father was the best swimmers I ever knew besides Haru, of course. One day, during his relay someone tricked him that cause him...."

I swallowed a lump on my throat as we arrived at Haru's place and he opened it, then we sat down as I continued.

"Cause him to die during the relay as he was swimming"

They widened their eyes to hear that my father died in the pool. Damn it, the stupid tears starting falling from my face.

"The same thing happened to my brother but it was during his individual race."

My eyes looked lifeless and I felt the warmth from a hug... I started to cry as I hugged both of them.

"I'm sorry guys.... It's pathetic to see me like this."

"No, it's not you suffered a lot during your childhood days, Katsumi-chan"

"But we're here for you now, you don't need to keep these feelings to your self, Katsumi"

"Wow, Haru.... It's been a long time since I heard you speak a sentence.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Me and Haru started bickering then we heard Makoto laughing at us.

"Who are you laughing at!!?"

Me and Haru said at the same but the more Makoto laughs then we started laughing all together.

Chapter 3: Truth