Part 1

Ladybug chased the black cat criminal across the rooftops of Paris, running faster than her legs could handle. Chat Noir was infamous for making daring escapes then disappearing without a trace, only whatever he had stolen was gone when the police showed up, but Ladybug was watching over the museum that night. She had finally figured out his pattern for robbing museums. He would move in a circular rotation from each museum in the city, and tonight was no different. 

"C'mon, milady, try to keep up," He exclaimed, vaulting away on his staff. They had been partners for 6 years until he decided to use his power to get things he wanted or get whatever he felt like getting about a year ago. Ladybug rolled her eyes as she swung to catch up on her yo-yo.

As she landed on the top of Notre Dame, where he seemed to be headed, she looked around, seeing no one but the distant red and blue light that had been following the two. She sighed, claiming loss to the police as they arrived. "Ladybug! This is the fourth time this month he has gotten away! How about we do the job and you go back to saving Paris," Roger exclaimed.

"Maybe if your cars could keep up with him, I wouldn't have to keep helping you," She folded her arms in front of her chest as she leaned onto her right hip. Roger, along with surrounding cops who could surely hear the conversation, stayed silent at her remark. She had gotten closer than anyone else on the police force had. She told details about the break-in to investigators, then she made her way back to her studio apartment, where she lived all alone. "Spots off," She huffed, slumping onto the couch.

"I'm sure you'll catch him soon Mari, but for now you need to eat, you haven't eaten at all today," The red kwami fussed. As she stood in the kitchen, looking into her fridge, she heard a thud on her outside balcony, followed by a pair of green luminescent eyes staring back at her through the glass door. She fell back, only to quickly realize who was out there. He had come a few times, but not right after a robbery. She knew that turning him in right now wouldn't be useful to her, he could tell Marinette things that he would never tell Ladybug.

"Chat!" She stomped over to the sliding door, walking out to see Chat perched upon her railing.

"Hello, Princess," He cooed.

"What are you doing here so late?"

"What are you doing up so late?" Marinette's mind frantically thought of a response.

"I had fashion design's that I wanted to be done,"

"For the Agreste brand?" He cocked an eyebrow. She had recently got an intern job working for her old classmate, Adrien Agreste, who had inherited the business from his father. She accidentally let it slip out of her mouth on one of his first visits, and he hadn't let it go yet.

"Yes, Adrien wants them to be done by the end of this week, It's really stressing me out," Marinette rubbed her temple, exaggerating her stress level. Chat flinched at the remark, his face wide-eyed then a look of regret washing over his face. He felt bad for causing her so much stress, he wasn't meaning too, she had insisted that she could handle extra work from time to time.

"O-oh, well if you want I can go,"

"No, just let me change into something more comfortable," Marinette explained, walking back inside while Chat followed her.

"Oh, something scandalous?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"No, you dumb cat!" She dug out the nickname from the back of her memory, remembering what he was like when they were partners. She went into her bedroom, closing and locking the door behind her so Chat couldn't try anything, not that he would. Despite the comments he made, he was a respectable guy. She changed from the black pencil skirt and long sleeve button up to a pair of flannel shorts and a black sports bra. As she and Chat sat on the couch, flipping through different channels, they stopped on the news.

"Chat Noir has stolen another painting from the Louvre, but Ladybug was unable to catch him," The news anchor reported. Marinette quickly turned her head to look at him, staring him down with narrowed eyes.

"What? I had to! I-"

"Let me guess, you really wanted it?" She asked, standing up in frustration. Even though she had already known he had gotten it, her civilian self hadn't known yet. Chat avoided her gaze and her question. She huffed and rolled her eyes before getting up to go to the kitchen.

"Princess, I'm sorry..." He wrapped his arms around her neck from behind, slumping onto her with all his weight.

"Chat, I haven't eaten all day, I'm trying to find something to make," She pushed him off of her as she searched the cabinets, spotting a box of Kraft Dinner and picking it out.

"Princess! You need to take better care of yourself!" Despite being a criminal who was wanted in almost every part of France, he took care of her. When she had a slight cough, he made sure she was drinking water and was resting, and when she was cold on the nights they sat on the balcony, he pulled her closer to him.

"Do you want some or not?" She shook the box of macaroni, only to receive an excited nod from him. They ate Kraft Dinner as they watched late-night talk shows, his purring soothing her as she began to fall asleep.