The audition

It was the beginning of winter break so there was a couple of days until Christmas. My mom dropped me off at my grandmothers house for the night so she could finish shopping. I remember the last time I was there I was making cookies with my grandmother and sister, that's when I told her about my dream. It kind of sounded like, "so grandma, you know all of those people we see on TV and hear on the radio? Well I kind of really want to be those people. And before you say that it isn't likely, I know that I'm good at music, and I think that I'm okay at acting although I've never done TV acting before, and this is a dream I've had my entire life and I already know that a girl from a tiny place like me isn't likely be the next Sandra bullock but I don't care!" She just looked at me and said, "who says a girl from a small town can't be a star? Emma I've seen you sing, I've seen you act, trust me. You have the talent! Now you just have to wait and when you chance comes, take it!" I was so glad that someone believed in me! When I tried to tell my parents they just started stating facts and saying how it wasn't likely and blah blah. Believe me I love my parents, but sometimes they can be a little too attached to reality. I asked my grandmother not to tell my parents about the whole dream thing because the last thing I needed was more put downs. So back to the present. I got to the house and put my stuff down and said hello to my grandmother. I was sitting on the couch on my phone when my grandmother said, "Who wants to see a movie?" So we got in the car and started driving, but we started going the wrong way. Knowing my grandmother tends to get lost easily I said, "Uh grandma? Are you sure you're going the right way?"
"Yep. I'm positive!" She seemed a little strange today so I was suspicious but I just let it go for now. But then we pulled into the barre auditorium. Now I know we are going the wrong way! "I thought we were seeing a movie?" I asked. "Well me and you're sister are, but only if your in it!" Now I was confused until I saw the poster on the building and it said, "Henry danger auditions! Today only!" Then I wanted to throw up. "No! No! This is not happening! We are going home now!" But my grandmother had already parked the car. "We're not going anywhere until you go into that building and crush that audition I got you!" What?! She got me an audition? Why was I not informed of any of this? I stepped out of the car and walked up the steps to the door. My entire future could be behind this door. I went inside and saw arrows to a waiting room. I went in and sat and so did my grandmother and sister. I wanted to throw up. The waiting was killing me so I jumped up and ran out the door and into a hallway where I hid by a water fountain where I sat with my head in my hands. "Uh can I use this fountain or do I need your permission?" A strange voice said. I moved so he could get to the fountain but I didn't look up. "So are you here for the auditions?" The voice asked. "Yeah." I mumbled. "Isn't everyone here for the auditions?"
"Well I'm kind of. Is this you're first audition?" He asked. I nodded but still refused to look up. "Well then trust me, the waiting is the worst part. Once you get in, it's really relaxed." The voice walked away. How would he know? I decided to go back to the waiting room. It was just in time because a woman came in and called "Emma Sterling?" I stood up shaking. I stepped inside the room. It had a couple of people sitting at a table. It had some kids which I thought was strange then there were some other adults. All staring at me. That's it now I'm really gonna puke. There was a camera pointed at me and all the people stared right at me. They asked me to do and say various things and I did them. Then just like that it was over. A couple of the kids were smiling. They looked about my age. Then it hit me. They were already on the show! I hadn't really watched this show before so it took me a while to understand. They wanted to see what the new character might look like. I started to leave but then the blond boy called out, "Wait! We forgot one thing! What makes you qualified for this job?" At this I turned around. I knew exactly what to say. My normal courage came back and I looked straight into the camera and said, "honestly? Nothing. I've never done anything like this before. Actually this was my first audition and I'm just some girl who was tricked into coming here! But ever since I was little and I watched all of the people on TV I would say to myself, this is what I want to do! I want to be those people! And I was told that I had some kind of talent and when I got the chance to show it I should take it! So here I am! And I don't even care if I get the role because I'm not expecting to and I just came for the experience. So if you don't hire me? Fine! That's your loss!" And with that I said, "Thank you for you time!" And I walked out the door. I have no idea where that came from but the boy who asked looked satisfied. I started to walk down the hall but then the door opened and the boy ran by me and said, "Told you the waiting was the worst part!" Holy moly manfred! That was him I was talking to at the water fountain? If all makes sense! Wow! I'm having a really slow day! I went back to the waiting room to get my family. "So, do you think you did good?" My grandmother asked. "Define good?" I replied. I think I shocked them for that last part. But that question just sparked something in me and everything I had been preparing for, for years just poured out. We went and got pizza and went home. I really thought that I wouldn't get the part but I was satisfied with the looks on their faces at the end.