Chapter 10: Jaunedice

Y/N P.O.V.

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

That was my alarm, telling me to wake TF up. At 7 in the morning.

I had to work today. I started off with a 2 mile run, then some push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, diamond push-ups (cuz I can't be looking like the uneven chicken wing at the bottom of the Popeyes box) and a few sprints, because today was that kind of day. 

Keep in mind, this is all without weights and stuff. I want to be more involved with my own body, mind, and nature, and not with the assistance of something else.

I went back to the dorm, but when I was getting my clothes ready for after my shower, I could have sworn I saw Ruby staring at me.

Ruby P.O.V. 

I had just barely woken up when I saw Y/N come through the door. I didn't know what he was doing up, but it looked like he'd been active. I decided not to say anything because I didn't really know what to say to him. 

But then I remember how he kept talking about how his body was an obstacle for him. I didn't see why. He was able to keep up pretty well, considering we're at Beacon right now. I think all he needs is some more confidence. He's humble, no doubt, but I think he needs a bigger push to do something about it.

Maybe we all need that.

Timeskip to Goodwitch's class brought to you by Y/N running in his gym attire (shirt, shorts, running shoes)   

Y/N P.O.V.  

It was not looking good for Jaune. 

He was getting beat in combat by Cardin, the big guy who looked like trouble from when I first saw him. Turns out, he's been bullying Jaune since the first day. And he was HUGE. 6'11, almost 250lb, and a huge mace called The Executioner. That's a guy not too many people want to piss off on a bad day.

It was honestly hard, watching one of your friends get beaten like that. Jaune ended up losing the match, and it was good the match ended when it did, because Cardin was going for what looked like a killing blow.  

Goodwitch: "Cardin, that's enough."

Cardin backs off, ending the match, but I look up, and Cardin hasn't even lost a speck of his aura, while Jaune's aura is almost gone.

"What happened buddy?" I think.

Goodwitch: "Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you to decide when it's appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?"

I could have sworn I heard Cardin say something like,

Cardin: "Speak for yourself." He says as he walks off.

He's DEFINITELY gonna be a problem down the line. But I didn't have time to think about that, because what Prof. Goodwitch said next really got my attention.

Goodwitch: "Remember everyone! The Vytal Festival is only a few months away, with the Vytal Festival Concert being at the very start. It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament and perform in the concert will be representing all of Vale."

Yang, Weiss, and Ruby, who were in my combat class were all pumped up for the tournament, while Blake had recovery tactics class with Prof. Mastivia. Then, my mind snapped back to what Prof. Goodwitch just said...