the fight (part 79)

"jeremiah, what fight?" i asked jeremiah.
"i would ask kairi, or mattia" jeremiah said.
"kairi is doing his bar tending thing and mattia is pretty much blackout" i said.

jeremiah sighed then said,

"okay, well you know how that girl jenna was here as well?" jeremiah asked.
"yeah" i said.
"mattia and her were talking and hugging and kairi went over to him after he finished talking to you. kairi got in mattia's face saying how mattia treats you poorly and then one thing lead to another and they were in a fist fight. we all pulled them apart before it got too intense" jeremiah said.
"they fought...? over me?" i asked.

jeremiah nodded. mattia and kairi are best friends and i came between them. i wouldn't ever intentionally do that... i feel terrible now.

"luna?" jeremiah said as i was zoning out.
"huh?" i said.
"are you okay?" he asked.
"yeah i'm fine-" i said being interrupted by my phone ringing.

my father was calling me.

"i'll be back" i said getting up and walking along the water.

i answered the phone.

"hi luna" my dad said.
"hello" i said.
"i want to talk about something with you" he said.
"what is it?" i said.
"just consider this, no need to make decisions tonight" my father said.
"okay..." i said.
"i really want you to be in your brother's life. the night i came back to pick him up he couldn't sleep at all without you. he does really miss you. i just want you to have a relationship with him before you go off to college. once you're in college it would be much harder to even see him. so, i want you to consider moving in with me" my dad said.
"moving in?" i asked.
"yes" my father said.
"but you live down the shore... what about my school?" i asked.
"that's the thing... i think you'd have to go to the school zoned here" my dad said.
"oh..." i said.
"i know it's a lot to think about but please just consider it" my dad said.
"i will" i said.
"you have plenty of time" he said.
"alright" i said.
"goodnight luna" my dad said.
"bye" i said and hung up.

i walked back over to jeremiah, who was still waiting for me. i sat down.

"it was my dad" i said.
"oh, what did he have to say?" jeremiah asked.
"he wants me to move in with him..." i told jeremiah.
"oh. well do you want to? you've been through a lot regarding your dad" jeremiah said.
"i know..." i said looking at the moon light up the ocean.
"i'm here to talk if you want. i'm always here" jeremiah said.
"thank you" i said.
"you're welcome" he said.

i got up and went back into the house. people were still partying and crowding the whole house. i walked into the kitchen to see kairi mixing drinks and jenna dancing on the island in the kitchen.

"what the fuck..." i said to myself.

i swear, i can't ever go on vacation. these trips always go to shit.

(an: my life is so crazy rn and i just had to move away from all my best friends so i was trying to focus on spending as much time with them. this story wasn't really a priority, sorry)