"Matt Conrad? How did I not put two and two together! He's one of the best warriors in North America. He's incredibly talented, you're lucky you got to train with him!" Brett seems genuinely envious that I got to experience him. I don't blame him, he was an absolute pleasure to work with. I smile at the fond memories we grew together and I feel another pang in my stomach. He seems to notice and his smile drops.

"Sorry, it must not be nice thinking about the old pack." He says sympathetically and I shrug.

"It's chill don't worry. Nothing I can do right." He chews on his lip as he stares at the road ahead. We're about 10 minutes from the water at this point. 

"How have you been with all of that?" He asks and I play with my fingers uncomfortably. 

"I've been okay," I begin softly, "It was awful at first. Losing a mate the way that I did is so tolling on the body. I almost lost my wolf but thank the Moon Goddess she's still here." He nods at me and pats my shoulder.

"My family was a huge help and kept me in line the whole time. The girls helped a bit too which was nice." I don't want everyone to be aware that there's drama between Cynthia and the rest of the girls, and I. I see his eyes glaze over and he exhales softly. 

"About that... I know we're not the closest and we didn't walk often in high school but I do have something to tell you." I look at him concerned with his tone. "You really shouldn't talk to those girls anymore." He tells me sternly and I almost laugh.

"Yea, I don't really anymore." I shrug easily and he shakes his head.

"No, as in Kota, they're awful friends. When you left to live with Logan, the way those girls spoke about you...I'm a dude and I'm disgusted. They've never had your best interest at heart and they never will. For your sake, don't ever speak to them again. I'm serious." I inhale sharply and feel a pang to my heart. I was never fully trusting of those girls but it still hurts to hear that they blatantly did not care for me. 

While it hurts, I know that I am above this silly girl drama. I'm a Beta's daughter after all. I am destined for things greater than stupid fights. 

"Thank you, Brett. I appreciate you telling me." I offer him a smile and he returns with a grin. 

"I think we're here." He pulls up to a gravel lot that we built a while ago, for anyone that wanted to drive to the edge instead of going in wolf form. 

"So you want to train with me?" He offers and I perk up excitedly as I nod. "Let's get into wolf form!" He exclaims and my excitement dies down. 

I'm too ashamed to admit that I haven't been in wolf form for so long but I don't know what else to say. "Why don't we train in human form?" I offer and he rolls his eyes.

"In your jeans and crop top?" He seizes me and I squirm. 

"Fair enough." I mumble, "Okay let's do it." We step out of the car and he comes to my side. 

"You can take your clothes off and go shift in the woods," He points to the greenery that will definitely block any view of each other, "I'll shift at the other end." He says and I smile at him. He goes to his side of the car and turns around as he starts stripping. 

Nudity isn't uncommon for wolves, but something about having two mates leaves me less than keen to be seen naked by another male. I crouch behind his car and slowly peel my clothes off. I lift my head to see if he's trying to peek, but to my luck he's already in the woods. That doesn't leave me with much time left so I decide to hurry up. I throw my clothes into the back of his car and run butt naked into the plot of trees.