12- Let It Go, Princess

Start from the beginning

Zayn stood up and wrapped his arms around Niall who melted. He really needed a hug at the moment and he appreciated the gesture so much.

"Come sit down." Zayn led Niall to the front two seats and sat down with him.

"Do you like Corey?" Zayn asked carefully.

Niall took a deep breath.

"I wouldn't say I like him. He's an attractive lad with a really knee melting smile and I'm surely attracted to him but like? I don't think so." Niall replied, looking anywhere but Zayn's face.

Zayn nodded slowly. "Okay, so if he's attractive and he loves golf," he chuckled when Niall smiled. "What's stopping you from liking him. Why are you holding back?"

Niall thought about that question. He knew the reason. It was because he was gonna be married to Harry soon. But the Prince was always running off having meaningless sex with others, with a disguise, but still. He, pursuing something with Corey would mean telling the lad that what he and Harry had wasn't real. And that is something he has promised not to tell anyone, so he was stopping himself because of Harry.

"Because I'm with Harry. Well, technically I'm single but in the eyes of the world, I'm with him." Niall replied.

"So if Harry wasn't in the picture, if you had met Corey before Harry, would have pursued something with him?" Zayn asked again. He hoped he wasn't prying.

Niall was quiet for a bit but after thinking it through, he nodded.

"Yes. Yes I would have. He's everything I want in a man. He's caring, thoughtful, selfless and just down right a good person." Niall answered.

"I think I know how you feel, Niall." Zayn said and Niall perched up.

"You do?"

"Yes, I do. You have something unreal with Harry and now that there's a potential significant other, you feel trapped with Harry. It doesn't help that he's suffocating you with knowing where you are and all that." Zayn said and Niall finally sighed at the fact that someone was able to know how he felt without telling them.

"But I also know where Harry is coming from. You are now in the public eye, Niall. And he was right, rumors are gonna be brewed up. All sorts of stories can arise and the media can be cruel. If Corey flirts with you in public, and you said you are attracted to him, which means you would flirt back or encourage it. Hate to say this but what Harry is saying is exactly what would happen. If they accuse you of cheating on Harry with Corey and you can't tell Corey the truth, you might end up loosing him as a friend and I'm sure you wouldn't like that." Zayn said.

They spent about half an hour talking and Niall felt a little bit better when he saw things from Harry's perspective but that still did not explain why the was always asking Niall where he was and what he was doing.

"Thanks a lot, Zayn. I really needed this talk." Niall thanked his Professor.

He pulled out his phone when it buzzed and saw that Harry's accountant had credited his bank account with his monthly allowance.

"You are welcome, kiddo. I'm always here to listen whenever you wanna talk, okay?"

Niall hugged him one more time and left to go find Louis.

*

"Oh my god, Ni. You shouldn't have." Louis gasped as soon as Niall parked the car and he saw where they were.

It was the car park of the French restaurant that Louis had been gushing about. Niall hadn't forgotten.

After the talk he'd had with Zayn that afternoon, he needed to do something to get his mind off of things. And spending time with his best friend was exactly what he needed.