The meringue Pokémon got up seconds before the impact of Greninja's fists hit it, and quickly jumped into the air and took the impact of Greninja's glowing fist with its glowing body, sending both of the Pokémon sliding back. 

I was ready to call out another attack when a scream pierced through all the sounds of battle.

"FENNEKIN!!!" I quickly turned to my left to see my honey blonde partner on the brink of tears. I looked over to her side of the battlefield to see the fire type limping, covered in scratches and bruises as it stubbornly stood up. Then I realised why Absol ignored Greninja, it was so they could take out the Ninja Pokémon's partner first and make it a 2v1, and Slurpuff was just a distraction. But what shocked me more was what Calem said next. "Dark pulse! Max power! And don't let up!"

It was clear that the fox Pokémon could barely take another hit, and would've fainted if it was hit with so much as a gust of wind. And Calem clearly knew this. But he didn't care. He wanted to take out the opponent, and wanted to ensure there was no chance of her getting back up, even if it meant putting the Pokémon's health at risk. He was, by every definition, a bully. Someone who thought they should step all over others, just because they could. Someone who would  do anything to consolidate their power. Someone like him... like Giovanni... This was the previous school champion? Someone who would show no mercy? Who battled just to win? I grew sick watching him, but I needed to act fast. 

"Greninja!" I commanded and he immediately knew what to do as a torrent of water shot up around him, and an adrenaline rush filled me.

"Moonblast!" Miette tried to regain our attention, but as one, as if I knew what Greninja had just learnt, we both threw a hand down in a downward arc. A small orb that seemed to smoke left the Ninja Pokémon's hand and made impact with the ground, exploding into a cloud of smoke, just before the fairy type attacked hit, and Greninja vanished. 'Smokescreen.' I immediately thought.

(A/N: This is the start of many new moves to be learnt. So this replaces double team. I'm planning to change another one of Greninja's moves, as teased in the previous chapter's start, as well as some of Ash's Pokémon. Not Pikachu though. I like his Kalos moveset.)

The newly transformed dual type appeared again next to Fennekin, and quickly launched out of the way of the hurtling dark orbs, with her in his arms. Upon reaching our side, he promptly handed the now fainted and in critical condition Pokémon to her trainer. I felt a familiar flame spark within me looking at the fire type, threatening to take over both Greninja and me. It was flickering wildly, demanding to be released.

"Get her to Nurse Joy's office." I said, and even I could tell that my voice was cold. Serena looked up at me with bloodshot eyes, but before she could say anything, I continued. "Now."

The commanding tone of my voice was enough to get her to nod and rush towards the door. I turned to my Pokémon partner. "You too, keep her company." 

Although he shot me a hesitant look, he followed my request, and Pikachu took off after her. I just stared as they closed in towards the door at the far side.

"Aw? Is your girlfriend gonna cry?" I could hear the taunts, but I forced myself to keep my eyes on the trio making their way out.

"Guess she just ain't cut out for battle huh? Such a shame. She doesn't even deser-" The door closed as the three figures finally disappeared from view and I whipped my head back towards the duo. "ENOUGH!"

They both flinched at the venom in my voice, and there was a look of fear on their faces for a second, one that I relished as I stopped holding in this flame. It spread like a wildfire across my senses and throughout my entire body, as it did Greninja's. Pain, disgust and rage filled every fibre of our being and I felt... invincible.