Darkness' Shroud

A/N: Hi guys, here's the chapter about Ash's and Serena's double battle with the bullies. I'm using the same music video because I'm the previous chapter, I planned to include this battle too, but it was getting too long. The reason I chose the song is because it deals with pain, such as that of traumas, and of being tired of the way things are, for example how how people battled. Creds again to Alivangel for making this. Now about this chapter, I always like the idea of a Paul-like Ash, like cold and badass, and until awhile after the sleepover, you'd see quite a bit of him. That or it's just a pissed off Ash.

Ash POV

"Absol, let's show these losers what a true champion is!"

"Slurpuff, be a sweetie will ya and help us trash them!"

The dark and fairy types materialised on the side of the field opposite us, growling at Serena and me.

"Fennekin, let's do our best!"

"Greninja let's go!"

Our Pokémon took to the battlefield and faced off with their opponents. Both Greninja and Absol immediately narrowed their eyes at each other, a rivalry clearly formed.

"Whichever team's Pokémon are all knocked out loses, and the other team wins! Now let's battle you twerps!" Calem shouted across the battleground, and I almost chuckled. I haven't heard that term in awhile, and I gave myself awhile to reminisce the trio who kept calling me that. Good times... (A/N: Seeing as how Ash let Giovanni die, what happened to the familiar rocket trio? You'll find out towards the end of this book. Yes I already planned that far. I already have a sequel in mind...)

"Uhm Ash?" A soft voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Sorry about that." I laughed sheepishly before turning back to the two school bullies. "Ready whenever you are!"

"Slurpuff cotton guard!"

"Absol use dark pulse!"

The meringue Pokémon quickly wrapped itself in a layers of cotton, while the disaster Pokémon fired off multiple dark pulses, which we both commanded our Pokémon to dodge easily. 

"Night slash!" I could barely hear Calem call out over the explosions.

"Cut!" I commanded, expecting Absol to go straight for Greninja.

"Oh no you don't! Slurpuff stop him with moonblast!" 

As Greninja ran through the dust kicked up, he was stopped inches away from Absol, who seemed to take no notice of the Ninja Pokémon, and sliced the fairy type attack in half. I was about to turn my attention back to the disaster Pokémon, but Miette and her Slurpuff continued to rain their attacks down on Greninja.

"Moonblast! And don't let up!" The bluenette shouted.

"Dodge them all!" I immediately responded, knowing taking a super effective hit early on would be a huge disadvantage. Greninja easily deflected them with his still drawn blade or dodged them.

"Cotton guard again!" The fairy type wrapped itself in another thicker layer of cotton, and I knew this could be trouble, because half of Greninja's moves were physical, and the increased Defence would not be enough to stop us, but enough to tire us.

"Water shuriken!" The only dual type on the field formed water shurikens in his hands and unleashed a barrage of them at Slurpuff, who had no time to react and was sent flying.

"Aerial ace!" I tried to capitalise on the situation and the Kalos water type starter sprinted towards the fairy type.

"Quickly get up! Use body press!" (A/N: Yeah yeah not in this Gen but I thought it was a good idea)