Chapter - 2

AN : Sorry for being late, I was dealing with few things.

||•||

Coming out of the airport, Khwaab firstly took her phone out to message and inform her father who must be waiting for her call but she couldn't call him because he must be in the hospital.

So she typed him a message instead.

"Dad, I've landed safely, and yes I remember all your instructions. Call me when you're free. Love you and take care of yourself, please." Pressing the sent button she was about to keep her phone inside when her phone started ringing.

Her face turned into a huge horror as she looked at the name flashing on the screen.

It was her dear best friend who must have called to visually kill her from the other side of the phone.

"Good save me pleaseeee" she prayed to God and answered the phone.

"Hello" she answered in a meek voice.

"Wow, so great of you to pick my call, Khwaab Malik. I feel so honored you know." Sarcasm and anger were dripping from his tone as he spoke to her.

"Shaheer listen to me please!" She was interrupted before she could even explain her self.

"What should I listen haan? You do things that you feel like doing and also force uncle to follow your instructions. You always play your card and get things done." he scolded her and she didn't utter a word.

"This is really not done Khwaab. How can you go to an unknown place all alone? How can you be so reckless? You didn't even care to inform me. I just went to London for a week and you started hiding things from your best friend and breaking our golden rule. Do you even know how to take care of yourself? NO! Yet you left for Kashmir all alone." He finished his entire speech which Khwaab wasn't even paying attention to because her eyes and mind were occupied by the beauty of Kashmir.

Srinagar airport was located in one of the most beautiful locations in Srinagar. It was surrounded by gorgeous mountains covered with the snow and the little greenery added more to its beauty.

It wasn't that cold since it was the month of June. The weather was rather rainy and made the city look more appealing.

"Hello!! Khwaab are you even listening?" Shaheer asked breaking her trance after getting no response from her side.

"Of course I'm. You're overreacting. I'll be fine and I'll take care of myself. You don't have to worry about that." Khwaab assured her idiotic friend who treated her like a small kid forgetting that she's twenty-five and can very well take care of herself.

"Acha sun, Dad is there at the IAF station. You can go and meet him." Khwaab's lips broke into a beautiful smile on hearing about Shaheer's dad.

"Oh my God!! Papa is there? But didn't he just retired three months back? Then why suddenly he came here?" Khwaab called Shaheer's Dad as Papa.

Her father and his father were best friends since college days and so these two have been around each other since childhood days.

"Well yeah, but there was something important to check over there as the station has shifted to Srinagar recently. He is there since last week. Uncle didn't tell you?" Khwaab had no idea about his Papa already being in Kashmir. Her dad didn't inform her or maybe she should rather say that he could not inform her because she was too busy with her projects.

"No, he couldn't inform me. Last week I was really busy for I had to wind up the work to come here. Okay, my car is here I should be going okay. I will talk to you once I reach the hotel." She informed him and moved towards the car which just came from the hotel that she has booked her room in.