You attempted to kiss me, how can you not mean that?! Weren’t you conscious at that moment? Were you just drunk?!

She’s dying to ask him those things but she chose to keep them all inside. Again, it will just be useless and pointless.

“I’m really sorry,” sincerely, Aga says. “I’m sorry for making you feel uncomfortable.”

She sighed, “Let’s just forget something like that happened. I mean, it didn’t go that far, so I guess, we should just shrug it off.” she said while nodding her head as if convincing Aga and herself that it is what’s right.

He was not able to answer her when Sarah entered the scene, “Kuya, Ate, sorry pero si Aya kasi inaantok na raw.”

“Oh, I guess we should get going.”

“Yeah, hatid ko na kayo sa labas.” Lea agreed and they all left the kitchen to pick Aya from her father. Her daughter was indeed in the brink of her slumber, might be caused by tiredness from the long drive earlier. Aga managed to thank and bid a goodbye to Leo before heading outside.

“Goodbye, Mommy!” Aya said and yawned.

“Goodbye, sweetheart. I’ll see you next week, okay?” she said and kissed Aya’s cheek before settling her inside the passenger’s seat.

“We’ll go ahead, Lei, Sarah. Thanks for the dinner!”

“Ingat, Kuya!” Sarah said and waved a hand at him.

Lea waved a hand as well, “Ingat!”

They watch Aga’s car go and completely fade in their sight. Lea could only heave a deep breath, shrugging her thoughts off.

“Lalim naman n’on,” Sarah commented from her back. “Anong pinag-usapan niyo ni Kuya sa kusina at mukhang seryoso?”

She faced her sister with a slight frown when Sarah opened up that topic, “Why did you ask? Did you hear something?”

Lea saw the hesitation in Sarah and from that, she already had the answer. Sarah scratched the back of her head in shame, “Hindi ko naman sinasadya, Ate. Pangako, hindi ko sinasadyang marinig.” paghingi ng pasensya nito. “Pero ano nga ‘yun? Why is he sorry to you? What is he sorry for?”

“Alam mo, ang tsismosa mo.” she said and rolled her eyeballs at her sister. “Wala ‘yun. Nothing important.”

“Okay, I respect your privacy naman, Ate. Sorry ulit.” Sarah said and showed a peace sign which made her chuckle. “Ate, ingat ha”

“Ingat? Saan?”

Sarah placed her palm on her left chest where her heart is located, “Ingat dito. Baka may maramdaman ito na hindi naman dapat niya maramdaman. Ayokong masaktan ka.”

It took her a while to digest that sisterly reminder from Sarah that she didn’t notice her sister was no longer around. She touched her chest and thought of what her sister said over and over again.

She should take that advice, but she’s afraid it was already too late for that.

______

“Ngayon na ba talaga? Bakit naman biglaan, Misis?” Ian whined on the other line making her giggle quietly. She can already imagine her crumpled, nervous, and scared look at this moment. “Hey, stop giggling! Hindi nakakatuwa!” saway sa kanya nito. Now he’s frowning, she bets.

Inipit ni Lea ang telepono niya sa pagitan ng balikat at tainga niya habang pumipili siya ng susuotin mula sa closet, “Oo nga, Sir. You are invited over lunch. I’m going to formally introduce you to Papa. Ayaw mo ba n’on? Thought you want to meet him?”