Episode 3

As I recall, that girl, Hae Soo, was a shy and introvert girl. She is Myung Hee's cousin, my sister-in-law. Sometimes I told her to help with household matters, and she always obeyed without saying much.

But since she suddenly collapsed in soaking wet, she suddenly changed drastically, like someone else. She started to argue with me. She starts talking a lot, and sometimes the way she talks is weird. And after she fought with Eun, she became intimate with the princes. They no longer enjoy my concoction tea, but hers. She captured everyone's attention. Not only the princes, but also the concubines and Queens that she gave scented soap. Even my father, the King of this country, loved her.

And including Wang So.

One day I punished her because her servant Chae Ryung was caught in So's room and stole a hairpin. Hae Soo defended her servant, so I punished her. When I whip her back, suddenly someone is holding my hand. Wang So.

"She is mine."

I was stunned. What do you mean by mine?

"I mean, this hairpin is mine, so I have the right to decide what to do with this girl."

The servants let go of the rope that tied Hae Soo's hands. My step-siblings swarmed around her, asking for her condition with great concern. Eun even scolded me.

"What you are doing is right. We do have to educate the brazen servants hard," said Yo, the only prince who was on my side, but I didn't care.

Jealous fire started burning in my heart.

"Do you like her?" I asked So.

"Yeon Hwa-ya ..." He just sighed deeply.

I left him, along with my other brothers who still surrounded Hae Soo. I turned around after walking some distance from the gazebo. He is not chasing me.

~~~

The water in the palace pond rippled when I threw the gravel into it. I don't care if the stones will kill the fish that live down there.

I hate Hae Soo even more. I don't care if she grabs the attention of others, as long as it's not Wang So.

So doesn't usually interfere in other people's business. And he himself also often punished his subordinates who made mistakes, even more cruel than me. But why did he care about that girl?

"All men are the same."

I looked briefly, Won walked over to me.

"That man won't be able to live with just one woman. Yo and I already have some wives, we still have mistress. So that Brother Moo. Our father even has dozens of wives, not counting his unofficial women."

"Brother So is not like you guys."

"Is it because of his face?" Won shook his head, "not all women care about the appearance of men. For example you, and also that girl. She is very close with So."

I turned to Won. I want to not believe him, but he is the most expert gossip giver of information.

"How close are they?"

"They were often seen together and joked with laughter. Often ate together too. When Jung was kidnapped, So immediately helped him. I thought because he wanted to save his younger brother. But there was also Hae Soo there who was also in danger. Several times he also helped that girl. If it's Wook, I'm not surprised, because Wook really likes to help. But So, we all know, he's a person who doesn't care about his surroundings, especially for someone who is nobody."

Won patted my shoulder, "think well, for the sake of your future, your family, as well as your happiness."

~~~