Part 14

Shanxi at night on the upper terrain was definitely a pitch black.
Maneuvering his bikes on the road at high speed hill after hill and in between mountains with his only light was from his bike really needed both skill and confident. Not to mentions rivers and loess. Although Yibo really liked racing, but this was definitely not his favorite moment due to the safety. Both their safety. He was at the high terrain and down below, he could see the city in lights. The country scenery was starting to change into city view as they enter the main city, but Yibo didn’t stop. He didn’t want to risk being caught up by the killers.

Xiao Zhan’s grasp around Yibo’s waist was starting to get loosened, and Yibo assumed that he might be getting tired and sleepy. This wasn’t good. Xiao Zhan didn’t have stamina as tough as he did, not to mention his after-shock state. Yibo slowed down his bike and looked at Xiao Zhan over his shoulder.

“Zhan-ge…?” Yibo called him. “You okay?”

Xiao Zhan didn’t reply.

“Ge…?” Yibo called him again.

And still Xiao Zhan didn’t reply.

Yibo decided to stop the bike.

Xiao Zhan climbed down abruptly, took off his helmet and tossed it onto the ground, walked to the direction they had come.

“Zhan-ge…?” Yido stepped down, caught him by his wrist.

Xiao Zhan tugged his wrist.

“Zhan-ge!” Yibo called his name, in a high tone, once again caught his wrist.

“Let go…” Xiao Zhan tried to let go, but Yibo didn’t let go.

“Ge!”

“Let me go, you fucking brat!” Xiao Zhan shouted.

Yibo tugged Xiao Zhan’s hand. Noticed that he was actually crying, slowly, Yibo let go off his hand.

“Why don’t you just let me die back there?” Xiao Zhan said, continued walking.

“What? What the fuck, Zhan-ge!”

“Stop pretending! Stop protecting me! I know who you are!” Xiao Zhan shouted again, turned around. Anger boiled through his teary eyes.

“…”

“You guys are all the same…” Xiao Zhan said. “Protecting me without even asking what I want with my life. Suddenly everybody think know exactly what’s best for me.”

“…”

“You. Ordering me around as you pleased.”

“…”

“What if I decided to just give up and die…?”

“Bullshit…” Yibo finally found his voice.

“Try me, Wang Yibo! Just try me and let’s see if I dare to kill myself right now!”

Yibo tilted his head in annoyance. “Go on!” He pulled out the gun from his backpack, handed Xiao Zhan. “Let me see!”

Xiao Zhan looked at him in disbelieve for a moment before finally took the gun and pointed at his head. “Do you think I don’t?”

“Go on! Do you think I care?” Yibo shouted.

Xiao Zhan lowered his hand that was holding the gun. “Of course you wouldn’t care. How could I be so stupid.” Then Xiao Zhan tossed the gun onto the ground, continued walking.

“What? How could I not care? I was ordered to protect you,” Yibo said, grabbed the gun then followed him.

Xiao Zhan stopped. “Right. You do care. Because of the job. I am your job.”

“This is bullshit,” Yibo said, starting to lose his patience. “I don’t have time to argue right now because those guy might be on their way here.”

Xiao Zhan didn’t say a word.

“Stop talking bullshit and get back on the bike. We need to get out of here!” Yibo said.

Xiao Zhan curved his lips and without saying a thing, he turned around to pick the helmet.

Yibo stepped on the bike, Xiao Zhan followed. “Hold onto me, Ge!”

Xiao Zhan wrapped his arms around Yibo waist obediently.

Yibo patted Xiao Zhan’s hand and squeezed them gently, giving him assurance, before he rode back as fast as he could.