Part 5

A week has passed and they had found their rhythm – Xiao Zhan, Yibo, Qian Feng, even Tianhe.

Yibo would tail Xiao Zhan everywhere he went and was always ready to help and escort him. Qian Feng took care of the house and supplied all Xiao Zhan’s need based on Yibo’s notes. Tianhe would stay in the basement except when Xiao Zhan was upstairs and when the night came.

Being with Xiao Zhan all the time, Yibo found out that he was really a nice, kind and warm person. Eventhough he talked a lot, but Yibo didn’t find him noisy, instead Yibo didn’t find him annoying.

Xiao Zhan might looked feminine and elegant but that was just sides of him. He was actually an active guy who liked to jog every morning around the hill.

Yibo’s eyes were snapped opened when he heard the door was knocked early in the morning. He pulled the comforter aside and swung opened the door, tilted his head in confusion when he saw Xiao Zhan. “What’s up?”

Xiao Zhan smiled. “Accompany me jogging?”

Yibo froze a moment before finally nodded. “Uh, sure.” He washed his face and brushed his teeth while Xiao Zhan sitting on his bed.

“You have balcony,” Xiao Zhan said.

Yibo dried his face. “Oh, yeah.”

“You’re ready…?” Xiao Zhan asked when Yibo was done wearing his hoodie.

“Mmn.”

“Okay, let’s go!”

The sun was about to rise when they stepped out of the house. Yibo took his place behind Xiao Zhan, letting him decide the route. The flowers were damped from the dew and somehow it made such pleasant smell, fresh and sweet.

Yibo was still running when suddenly Xiao Zhan stopped and turned around, made him stopped abruptly. “What?”

“I…” Xiao Zhan panted, tried to catch his breath. “It’s been long… since… my last run.”

Yibo nodded. Obviously. “You wanna rest?”

Xiao Zhan threw his head back, hands on both his hips. “Sounds good.”

“Let’s rest there,” Yibo said, gesturing a small wooden hut at the top of the hill.

Xiao Zhan stretched forward his hand.

“What?” Yibo looked at him in confusion.

“You take me there.”

“Are you a kid?” Yibo mumbled, walked passed Xiao Zhan, ignoring him.

“Yibo…” Xiao Zhan mumbled back, grabbed Yibo by his wrist.

Yibo rolled his eyes, let him held hand for support.

As soon as they reached the hut, Xiao Zhan slumped on the bench.

Yibo pulled out the tumbler from his shoulder-bag and handed Xiao Zhan.

“You have great stamina, Yibo…” Xiao Zhan said, handing back the tumbler.

Yibo drank a gulp and shoved it into his shoulder-bag. “I used to jog everyday.”

“Wow…” Xiao Zhan widened his eyes. “No wonder.”

“Mmn.”

“You… don’t wanna sit?” Xiao Zhan gestured the empty space beside him.

“It’s okay…”

“I don’t bite…” Xiao Zhan smiled cutely.

Yibo tilted his head. “I know,” he replied.

Xiao Zhan laughed. “What else do you like to do?”

“Skateboarding.”

“Wow. That’s cool! Do you bring your board?” Xiao Zhan asked excitedly.

“Mmn.”

“Then you have to show me!”

“Mmn.”

“How about snowboarding?”

“Sometimes. Single board, double board.”

“Yibo, do you know how cool you are!”

Yibo didn’t reply. He didn’t know what to reply actually. It was normal for Xiao Zhan to act that way because he didn’t know that Yibo was a trained bodyguard. He would react differently if he knew.

Yibo stole a glance at his watch. “It’s breakfast time. We should get going home.”

“Oh, really? Time flies, eh…?” Xiao Zhan got up and walked down the hill. Half-ran actually.

Yibo ran closed behind him.

On The Runजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें