|THE TRUTH|

Matthew and Spencer had been downstairs when Klaus entered the home shouting out for Hope. Dropping the baked good on the table Matthew had bought, they ran upstairs just in time to hear Klaus ask Hope, "What have you done with your mother?"

Matthew and Spencer were leaning against the door being able to see their dad stand across from Hope as she sat on the couch looking up at him.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Klaus asks his daughter as the only thing separating them was a coffee table

"I knew it would take something big to bring you home" Hope simply explains 

"So you had your little hybrid friend attack your mother and your aunt?" Klaus asks finally sharing with the whole room what Hope had done and it was nothing close to what Spencer thought she was in trouble for 

"You're so dead" Matthew mumbles knowing Hope would definitely get in trouble, while Spencer worriedly asks "You're the reason moms missing?"

"Henry just did the heavy lifting. And "attack" is a really strong word. Mom's fine. Aunt Hayley is fine," Hope says turning to look at her brother, specifically Spencer knowing he was in the dark "In a really nice coffin, sleeping. I cloaked them in a sleeping spell that I wrote myself"

"Oh, well, in that case, I've never been prouder" Klaus replies just wanting to know where the cousins had been kept hidden, "Where are they?"

"You're just gonna go disappear again if I tell you," Hope says showing that she wasn't close to sharing secrets

"Hope, you are in danger when we're in proximity. I know you feel that" Klaus says just as some pink flowers on the coffee table quickly lose life and their color. Instead of the flowers just dying something new came from them being close, a snake started to slither out of the vase, "The dark magic inside us manifests itself in ugly ways. We could be putting others in danger, too. The whole city"

"I don't care!" Hope shouts standing up on her feet

"This is not a debate, Hope!" Klaus shouts back loud enough for anyone in the house to hear.

"The little girl I knew would never have dreamed up a scheme like this." Klaus says making Hope roll her eyes trying to mask her sadness with anger

"Well, sorry to disappoint you," Hope says crossing her arms looking at her dads back as he had his back to her, "But that little girl hadn't read your memoirs"

At those words Klaus turns around to face his daughter. Hope had been the first to find his memoirs, one in specific but after reading it she showed it to her brothers. Having her father's attention Hope continues speaking, "You compelled Cami O'Connell to write your story. About a guy who used to put his family members in coffins and use them as leverage"

"So, you've studied my old tricks" Klaus says with a smile walking towards Hope with a smile only for everyone to hear the distorted whispers from Hope and Klaus' standing in front of each other, "Did you learn this one?"