22

my feet slowly carry my nervous body towards graysons room. i don't know whether he's even gonna let me in or not.

my hand places 3 soft knocks on graysons door. i wait a couple seconds, and there's no answer. i knock again softly and decide to speak.

"grayson can we please talk?" i say gently, not wanting to piss him off.

i hear footsteps approach the door and i back up slightly. the door swings open and i look up and grayson.

"what" he says flatly.

"come on grayson. can we please talk like mature adults?" i ask raising my eyebrows a bit. he rolls his eyes and opens the door wider.

i step into his room and he closes the door behind me. i turn around to look at him and he walks right past me.

he sits in his desk chair and faces me. "talk?" he asks rudely and shakes his head.

it's taking everything in me not to slap the shit out of this cocky asshole.

"look i'm sorry for going off on you earlier, it wasn't very mature of me. but you've hated me since the second i stepped foot into this house. before you even knew where i used to live. i get you hating me initially, and i get you're angry with me because the plan didn't work, but i'm sorry grayson.

i've tried so hard to prove to you and ethan and everyone in this house that i'm not a stereotypical faceless member. that i'm not an enemy. and that i'm most definitely not a bad person." i pause and look at grayson. "i just want one thing from you."

grayson furrows his eyebrows and stands up, now towering over me again.

"and what would that be?" he asks lowly. i take a step back, and speak.

"i just want you to try to not hate me so much." i said softly. grayson looks away from me and takes a deep breath.

"i don't trust you." he says shortly. before i can get another word out, he speaks again. "you get one chance. one." he holds up one finger and i nod slightly smiling.

"thank you." i say. he shrugs and turns back around, sitting down at his desk. he resumes checking out case files and other folders on his desk.

i take this as my cue to leave, and head back to my room. once i shut graysons door, ethan comes out of his room across the hall.

"how'd it go? i didn't hear screaming." he said. i chuckled and answered.

"i think it went good. he said he'd give me a chance. so that's a start." ethan smiles wide and wraps me in a hug. i smile and hug him back after a second.

i'm still not used to affection, so it takes me off guard a lot. but i love ethans hugs.

i decide to head back to my room and chill for a bit. alone time is key.

my hand grabs the doorknob and twists it open. after walking in i close the door behind me, crashing down onto my bed.

a sigh of content leaves my lips. this bed is one of the most comfortable bed i've ever slept on.

i feel my phone buzz, so i flip the screen over to look at it. it's an imessage from someone. i have my previews off so i have to go into my phone to see it.

i'm immediately filled with bad vibes once i see the message.

unknown- alex please answer.

me- who is this and how the hell did you get my number

unknown- come on you don't think i'm smart enough to find one measly number?

me- i never said that. who. is. this.

unknown- oh. right. it's max

me- somehow i don't believe you?

unknown- very funny. adrian rines

me- wow. it is you.

max- indeed.

me- why are you contacting me?

max- we used to be best friends alex. and i screwed up by being a dick. big time.

me- max stop.

max- alex come on

me- max i did something so bad to your gang. you texting me is putting yourself in danger. i don't want your life to be on the line. goodbye max.

i shut off my phone and shoved my face into my pillow. this is not good.

-

shortly after, i decided to go watch tv with a few of the guys including ethan. i needed to take my mind off of max and those messages.

"why don't we go get dinner or something?" ethan asks.

"i'm so hungry." i say getting up off the couch. ethan looks to the rest of the guys we were chillin with and they share looks.

"i was gonna order a pizza and have a date with the couch." aaron says, causing me to laugh.

"make that a double date i'll take some pizza and the one seater." nash says crashing down onto the small sofa and pretending to give it an overly affectionate hug.

i laugh again as do aaron and nash.

"alright looks like it's just us" ethan says placing his hand on my mid back. i smile at the guys and tell them we'll be back.

nash looks at me with a grin and i furrow my brows. weirdo.

————
A/N: next chapter is gonna be a little......spicy.

VOTE PLS