[3] To Mack or Not to Mack

(Pilot pt 3)

(Pilot pt 3)

We finally reached the Coast Guard, which was swarming with people. Kiara, Pope, and I waited outside while John B and JJ tried to talk to someone.

"So?" Kiara directed toward me.

"So?" I slowly said, a tad confused, crossing my arms.

"What's with the looks you're giving JJ?"

"Looks? I'm not sure what looks you're referring to, Kiara." I glanced over at Pope, who was trying his best to act like he wasn't listening.

"Oh come on! For the past like two weeks you've constantly been making googly eyes at him, it's kind of obvious."

I laughed, thinking she was joking until I saw the look on her face. "First off, I'm not. Second of all even if I was, why do you care so much?"

"The rules, no Pogue-on-Pogue macking!" Okay, there were definitely some underlying feelings because there is no way this is just about some dumb rule.

"Kiara no one is trying to mack on anyone, I really don't know where this came from," I let my arms fall limp at my sides.

"Just forget it!" Kiara said, turning and walking a few steps away. I threw my hands up in exasperation and did the same thing.

"Pope, I swear to God-" I started.

"I know! I won't say anything!"

"Who's not saying anything about what?" John B asked, walking back out. He looked between Kiara and me, obviously sensing something was off.

"Nothing. What do we do now?" I asked.

John B held up the motel key in his hand. "I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat."

"No, we don't know who's room that is, it can belong to anyone," Pope argued.

"I'm with Pope, we can't just break into someone's hotel room," I said.

"Well, I'm in. And technically we're not breaking in, we have a key," JJ grabbed the key from John B, tossing it to Kiara.

"Come on, I'll be lookout," Kiara nudged Pope.

The whole group looked at me and Pope. I stared back at them, dropping my shoulders. "Fine."

Everyone but Pope cheered, and we made our way back to the boat. John B called out to the still hesitant Pope. "You'll only be an accomplice!"