Hunter watched Leo proudly march in the direction of the village. Disappointed, Hunter shook his head. "That's not my home. That's YOUR home. MY home... is gone."

Leo turned around to face the raposa. "Chirr? Chirr..." 'What? But I made everything nice and comfy for you! What more do you need?!'

Hunter sighed. "Your village is nice, but I don't belong there. I know I don't. I mean, I'm not a baki like you are." He looked back at the darkness and remembered his old village. "I'm a raposa. I... I want to be with my kind. My friends, my family, they're home. And home isn't here."

Leo walked up to Hunter and rubbed against his side in an attempt to comfort him. 'Sorry I'm not a Raposa.' "Chirrrr..."

"I just want my family back... that's all I want..."

Leo stared at the wall of shadow. 'I should go and get some Raposa! That will help!' Leo took a step back, and dashed toward the darkness in front of him.

As Hunter saw his baki friend bolt toward the darkness, he immediately began to panic. "LEO NO!!!" Hunter tackled the baki, preventing him from running any further. "Leo! Don't scare me like that! That stuff HURTS people!! You're supposed to be the smartest baki! What were you thinking?!"

Leo looked back at hunter with his cloudy white eyes, and chirped at him. "Chirr..." 'Maybe more Raposa isn't a good idea...'

Hunter squeezed the baki tightly in his arms. "Going in there isn't going to help anyone. It's just gonna get you hurt. If it wouldn't, I would've tried a long time ago..."

"Ch-cheeeeee!" 'Ow! Don't squeeze! It hurts! Let me go!"

Hunter saw Leo fidget in his arms. He MIGHT have been squeezing him too tight... "Sorry! So so sorry, Leo! I didn't mean that!" The Raposa quickly released the baki from his arms.

As soon as he was freed, Leo took a deep breath and shook it off. "Chiirr..." 'Phew...'

"I don't get it. Why'd I have to get stuck here? There has to be some reason! Mom always said there was a reason for everything! Creator, why did you lead me here?" Hunter looked up at the sky, hoping for some kind of sign. There was no response.

Hunter let out a frustrated sigh. "Rapo... You know, if mom were here, she'd wrap me in her arms and tell me everything's okay. And... I'd believe her. She just has that effect on people. I... I miss it."

Leo looked at the Raposa and tilted his head in confusion. "Chirr Chiirrup??" 'You want your mommy? That's it?' The baki walked up to Hunter, and rubbed his head against him. 'Everything is okay.' "Cheee..."

Hunter looked down at Leo and smiled. "I know you're trying to comfort me. Thank you." He reached down and began to pet the tiny leaf baki. "But... you're not my mom. She's a part of my family. You can't replace family."

Leo felt disappointed. He tried to help his Raposa friend, but he couldn't. "Chirrr..."

"Hey, don't be sad. You tried!" Hunter said, trying to make Leo feel better. "Besides, I guess I do feel a little better now!" Hunter smiled. "Thanks, Leo. You're the closest thing to family I got. Maybe things wont be so bad afterall. I'll meet you for lunch in a little bit, okay?"

"Cheee!" 'Okay! Bye!' Leo marched away, happy that he managed to cheer Hunter up a little. But... it was only a little bit. The sadness wasn't completely gone yet. What could he do to make it go away?

All this thinking just made leo confused. nothing seemed to make sense to him. The only thing he knew was that he HAD to support Hunter in any way he could. But... how?

He couldn't just give him a new family, could he??? wait... family. Hunter considers Leo... family? Then, is that why he felt better? Because Leo was like family to him?