CHAPTER I

"Girl come on we're gonna be late just put on the full outfit! I know you'll look like a baddie". My best friend Sasha yelled at me, downstairs.

She was mixed with light brown eyes, and short brown hair down to her neck.

Tonight was the first day of Halloween week and the whole street was having a costume block party. Sasha was my bestie. She slept over at my house, and she would be spending the entire week at mine. Everyone would be dressed up as either killers or scary movie characters. It was gonna be lit.

I walked down the stairs towards the open front door to see Sasha in her outfit waiting for me. "Alright, alright. I'm done. You happy now?"

"Girl you look so bad oh my god." She widened her eyes like a cartoon, mouth wide open. A bug gon fly in her shit and ima laugh.

We were both dressed as Annabelle the doll. She wore a white dress and I wore a black dress.

"You're so silly", I snickered then rolled my eyes at her.

"Come on bitch we need to go get the other hoes." She grabbed my hand and we headed out of the house. I felt the strong aroma of a barbecue and weed grip my nostrils as I breathed in the outside air. My neighborhood was a typical suburban, every house looked the same and there was a wide road in between the row of houses.

We went to the house three blocks away and she knocked on the door. Out came two of our new friends we had met recently at a party last week. Dylan and his gay cousin, Jordan. Dylan was dressed as Michael Jackson from Thriller, while the taller guy Jordan, appeared as Freddy Krueger. God they looked creepy.

"Aye waddup ya'll", Dylan dapped us. "You guys ready for this party, it's gonna be fucking live".

"Nigga of course." I said. "But let's be real a bitch is only here for the barbecue." Dylan chuckled at my response.

"Girl you so damn fat I swear". Sasha screwed me.

Before I had the chance to reply I was cut off by Jason. "She ain't fat, she thick". He held my gaze and licked over his bottom lip. Even though I knew he was being dead serious, I couldn't help but to laugh in his face. He's flirted with me ever since I met him at the party, but he just... wasn't my type.

"Dylan plea- Jordan was cut off.

"Shut up fag". He said making all of us laugh in perfect harmony.

"BITCH!" Jordan looked horrified as he put his hand to his face and pointed behind me. Dylan shook his head "this nigga".

I looked behind me and saw a ghost face killer mask right behind me. I heard the person scream. "OH FUCK!" I gasped.

"AYO..." Dylan belly laughed at me while holding onto Jordan's shoulder to keep his balance.

It was my friend Kehlani. She scared the shit outta me.

"Bitch! You can't be running up on me like that."

"Oh I'm sorry, did I scare you?" She mocked.

I rolled my eyes. "You so irritating...let's go to this damn barbecue, I'm starving". I said.

All five of us walked down the streets, illuminated by the street lamps, arriving closer to the barbecue. I could see the smoke in the air, causing my belly to rumble.

Once we arrived there was a bunch of people packed by the BBQ. They were all either eating, speaking or smoking.

"Bitches ima go get some food", I said grabbing Sasha's hand. They approved. We walked over to the line.