KILLERS: Story 4: Part 2

Jester walked through the quiet city, hands stuffed in her tight, leather jean pockets. A tight, athletic tank top covered her torso, and a hood covered her head. The hood was stand alone, and almost like a hat, but it connected to a large chocker on her neck that had a bright red gem in the shape of a triangle in the middle. A red sleeve covered her right arm, starting mid bicep and ending at the wrist, and a single leather knuckle glove on her left hand. A full face mask covered the scowl on her face at having to be out so late. Because honestly, with her profession, late night's were not unusual. Didn't mean she didn't like them, though. She didn't carry her sword today, only the carrier pouch that rested in her hips. Some might consider it a "fanny pack," but Jester didn't think of it like that.

She walked into a basically empty bar, the reason why she wasn't carrying her katana, with only a few other people around. Three sat at the bar itself, another two at a booth. Jester scanned the room, her target being one of the two sitting together at the booth. Her scowl grew as she spotted him, and she stalked to the bar, tugging her hood down even more. The darkness of the bar and her hood mostly concealed the fact she was wearing a mask. She plopped herself on a stool, and the bartender walked over, a glass and towel in hand. She didn't look up at him, only waved him off as she didn't want anything. He gave her a strange look before walking over to a different drunk patron.

Trigger warning now: mention of rape, drugs, and other sensitive topics

She turned her attention on the two people sitting together at a booth. A disgusting old man, and a young woman, who was very obviously drunk. The old man was verging on drunk too, and sat next to the woman. She was basically passed out on the table, and he was whispering in her ear and rubbing her legs, slowly getting higher and higher to somewhere he shouldn't be. She almost walked over there and smacked him, but doing that would blow her cover. She sighed, resting her arms on the bar. She watched them out of the corner of her eye, and when the old man got up to go to the bathroom, she stood and walked over to the young lady. She pulled a small vial out of the carrier hanging off her hips, looking over her shoulder to make sure no one was watching, popped off the cork and dumped the white, powdered substance in the old mans drink. She pocketed the vial back in her carrier, and looked down at the woman. She was passed out, arms splayed over the table and her brown hair a mess. Jester sighed, knowing that she couldn't do anything to help the lady. Yet. She poked her in the shoulder, hoping maybe she'd wake up. She didn't, just mumbled something then continued to "sleep." Jester rolled her eyes under her mask, then turned and walked back to the bar. The old man left the bathroom shortly after, snatching his drink off the table and downing it in one go. A hint of a smile played at Jesters face as she watched him. He grabbed the lady off the table, putting one of her arms around his fat shoulder, and wrapping a slimy hand around her small waist. He whispered something in her ear again and smiled. Jester gagged silently. He exited the building, and Jester stood from her stool, dropping a twenty on the bar. No, she didn't buy anything, but she had enough money as is.

She followed them out, stalking behind at a far enough distance. The old man slowly got slower and slower, stumbling and almost dropping the woman on multiple occasions. He continued to feel her up, at one point slipping a hand under her shirt dress. Jester scowled at the action, wishing maybe she'd brought her katana and could just end this quickly.

The old man turned into an apartment building, and not a very nice one at that. She followed him in, and watched as he slowly got more sluggish. She followed him silently up a stairwell, and just as he stopped at a door and pulled a key out, he collapsed.

Dropping that lady, he fell to the floor with a loud "thud." Jester stepped forward, crouching down and putting her index and middle finger to his neck. She get for a pulse, and found it slowly dying out. After a minute, the beating stopped and she pulled her hand away. She turned her head to the woman, who was half underneath the man. Jester sighed, the picked up the key that had landed a few feet away, sliding it into the doorknob and twisting it open. She dragged the man into the room by his armpits, which was honestly kinda of difficult. Considering this dude had to be at least 300-400 pounds. She dropped him without a care on the kitchen floor, stuffing the key in his pocket. She stepped over his body and walked out of the apartment. She closed to door quietly, then looked down at the lady still lying passed out on the floor.

Jester sighed, dropping her head back dramatically. She pulled a small phone out of her pouch, texting a number.

Jester: Jobs done. Awaiting payment. What do I do with the girl?

The response came a minute later,

Unknown Number: Take her back to **** *******. Payment will be sent in shortly. Thanks.

She pocketed the small phone, picking the lady up bridal style. The lady was small, much smaller than Jester, and was relatively thin. She lay limp in Jesters arms for the entire way to where she would leave her. When she finally got there, a man in a suit with tinted sunglasses stepped out and took the lady from her. He nodded curtly and walked back into the building. Some hotel or something. Jester didn't care.

Jester walked the rest of the way back to her apartment in silence, just watching. She reached her building, a fairly nice place as it was provided by her guild. She opened the door, closing it shut with her foot. Tugging off her knee high boots, she flung them  to the side with a sigh. She reached back and I clipped her hood, pulling it over her head and dropping in on the small table in her living room. Next, she pulled off her mask, holding it in her hands and just looking at it for a minute. She'd had this mask since she started doing what she did. She didn't need it, but after what had happened to her, she wanted it. She dropped it on the table next to her hood.

She stalked to her room, grabbing a random pair of pajamas and going to the bathroom to take a shower. After her quick shower, she dropped onto her plush bed and fell into a deep sleep.

The Next Morning

Jester woke up to her blaring alarm, scowling as she slammed her hand down on the snooze button. She grumbled and flung her sheets off her body, slinging her long legs off the bed and into the cold, wooden floor. She stumbled into her kitchen, popping a coffee capsule into the Keurig. She snatched the remote off the counter and turned the news on, because there's nothing better than hearing bad news to start your day. If into it hadn't been this bad though.

"Late last night, a body was found between two buildings. One large gash in the chest, and one across the neck seem to have been the final blows, and multiple other wounds were found on the body. Police have not yet released the identity of the victim, but we do know who the killer was." The news lady said. Joker froze, and the coffee machine stopped too. For different reasons though, obviously.

"A specific marking was found on the body, one that hasn't been seen in nearly a year." Jesters eyes went wide, and she held her breath.

"A green spray painted "JK" was circled on the body. Presumably from the infamous serial killer Joker, who was assumed to have disappeared about a year ago." Jester stopped breathing. No. No. No. No!

"A curfew will be put into effect immediately, and police are already on the case." The lady kept talking as Jester slammed her hands down on the counter, shaking in anger. Her phone rang and she ignored it.

This can't be happening. They disappeared! They were gone for a year! They can't come back! Not now! Not here! Jester was fuming, and still ignoring her ringing phone. She ran her hands through her dark hair, clenching them halfway through. When her phone rang for a third time, she snatched it up and brought to her ear.

"What?!" She growled. She didn't bother to check the caller id, and whoever it was was about to receive Hell.

"Jester. You saw the news?" It was her boss. She calmed down slightly, but still breathing hard. Her hands shook as she stared at the counter.

"Yes." She replied curtly.

"You have a new mission. From the government."

A/N Hope you enjoyed this chapter too, that's all I'll be posting for KILLERS. Be on the look out for KILLERS to come out!
Thanks for reading!