Four: The Question

The Question (Ella)

I scanned the computer screen several times before sighing and shutting it. I rubbed my fingers against my forehead. A new mission, again. I didn't know how many more Ian could do. He wasn't a super spy, nor will he ever be. I worried about him too much. I've got to stop feeling like this. How did I feel? I could feel my stomach begin to flutter the more I thought about him. Stop it! I took another deep breath and walked over to the files. I flipped through them to the very back, pulling out a name: "Campell, Joan." She was supposedly extremely dangerous. I had no doubt that we could finish her off. 

The sound of the elevator shaft opening made me carefully put the file away. I didn't want Ian to see it yet, he would get over excited about the thrill of a new mission. I turned around and faced the shaft. 

"Wolff"

I twirled around and faced Dame. "Moore."I watched his as he locked and loaded his gun polishing it off quickly. "Where are you going?"

He turned to face me and then went back to cleaning his gun, "It's none of your business Wolff."

"We're a team, everything is my business. You're not going in on a mission alone if that's what you think you're doing."

I stood there and glared at me for a second. His eyes shouted out anger to me, but we both knew he wasn't a threat to me. I stared back just as coldly. He reacted fast, but not fast enough. He pointed the tranq gun at me baring his teeth. I pointed mine right at his chest, "Going you shoot me?"

He smirked, "Are you?" I clicked his gun, showing that he had enough ammo for hundreds of people. I clicked my gun. Dammit! It was empty. I looked up at the ceiling, biting my lip.

"Out of ammo, Wolff."

I opened my mouth at the same time he pulled the trigger to his gun, hitting me on the side of the neck. I grunted and dropped to my knees, grabbing for the dart.

"It's none of your business what I do," with that, he grabbed his bag and walked out the door.

__________________________________________________________________________

"Ella!"

I opened my eyes and sat up quickly, lashing out my fist. I heard a groan and I looked to see Ian laying on the ground in front of me. I sighed and closed my eyes, "You should never just wake me up like that."

"Then how do I wake up a super spy?" He added a little irritated.

I stood up and reached out my hand for him. He took it gratefully and removed his hand from his nose. I looked at it, gently putting my hand on the side of his face. "Looks fine, you'll live," I added a smile. He smirked at me sarcastically and glanced around the room.

"Is Moore here?"

I shook my head. "No, he left after tranquing me. He took his gun and just took off. Have any idea where he went?"

Ian shook his head nervously, "Nope, not a clue."

I eyed him suspiciously. I knew he was lying, but it was none of my business I guess. I turned around and walked over to the high tech computer turning on the tracking device. Shoot. He turned it off. 

"Ella?"

I didn't turn around when I answered, "Yeah? It was silent for a moment too long, and I wondered if he maybe left. I pushed a few buttons on the computer and began typing.

"Do you think, we should, you know, go to dinner or something to talk about.. the mission?"

I stopped tying. The mission? What mission? He couldn't possibly know about the upcoming one.. Was he asking me on a date? I slowly turned around. He was staring at me intently, waiting for my answer. I felt my stomach do a flip, something it never does. I contemplated my answer for a second. I cleared my throat, "Yeah, that would be something that would be necessary for us to do," I turned back around, starting to type again.

"Yeah, definitely. Where should we go? There's this really good Chinese restaurant, or there's Italian, or maybe Mexican. I'm feeling Mexican today, what about you?"

I smiled at his enthusiasm. "Mexican sounds great."

"Great. I'll just come by at six."

"See you then," I held in my giddiness until he left.