I Need Myself- Last

Start from the beginning

All he saw were tears of insecurity cascading down her eyes. Fear that his marriage would sabotage their relationship.

More like, marriage would change his priorities.

Now when he looks back he realises the whole scenario. His sister was fine with his behaviour. However destructive it may be. She was fine with it as long as she was prioritized. As long as her wishes were fulfilled. As long as she controlled him, she did not care what a monster he had become. She allowed him to become the man he is today. So blinded to devotion was he to his sister that he did not care to see what he was becoming. He depended on her. And so?

She was right.

If only he had not shown such blind devotion and dependence on her. If only he was strong enough to face his own fears. If only he was able to handle himself and come to terms with his parent's untimely demise. If only he saw through the hidden ulterior motives. If only...

He closed his eyes in regret. If only he could fly to the past and become more independent mentally just like in business.
A tear of pain, anguish and guilt tricked down his right eye. But he was quick to wipe it off.

This is his main reason for running away this time. Devotion to his sister had caused enough damage. Now was the time for him to life for himself. For the first time he was attached by the zeal to live for himself. To heal himself. To be selfish.
He had destroyed himself and Khushi at the same time. And so he would rebuild himself too. This time, a little less inhumane. A little less cold. A little less shrewd. And a little more compassionate.

He sighed hard. Looking at the flight information display system. He had around fifteen minutes in hand.
So he stood up to arrange his luggage when someone tapped him from behind. He frowned.

Looking back his breath hitched.

Khushi.

She had a slight smile on her face. Surreal. Dimmed eyes. Wearing a kurti with jeans and hair tied into a ponytail. What surprised him was that she had a suitcase that she was holding on to.

She's leaving.

"Hi" He whispered.

It felt so strange to meet her. Hours after an outburst. He decided to leave. And here she was too. Deciding to leave.

"Hey!" Khushi smiled at him. He cleared his throat. As if trying to clear the awkwardness that ruled the air.

"So! You leaving?" Its obvious. His mind mocked. Well? He needed to say something.

"Yeah! You too!" She referred to his luggage.

"Umm... your Amma and Buaji?"

She laughed slightly. Sarcastically maybe?

"They don't have a problem as long as their daughter's marriage is fine."

Arnav nodded. This wasn't the first time they showed partiality towards their own blood.

"Whe.."

"No. Arnav. Let's not say it. Please." She requested.
"Let's go wherever we planned to go. Without keeping track on the other. Let's live in each other's hearts. Not in contact. We should manage ourselves first instead of getting distracted. Don't you think?"

Her maturity lightened up his mind. So positive. So mature.

"Right! I'm sorry!" He smiled politely.

"Sorry huh? You're already changing!" She joked.

Yes he was! And he liked it.

She looked at her watch and realised she needed to leave.
"Oh! I need to go!"