My Khushi

Paas aye,
Dooriyaan phir bhi kam na hui
Ek adhuri si hamari kahani hui

It was a different day in Shantivan.

Not the usual pleasant chaos.

Not the constant bickering.

Not the frequent rileing sessions.

No romantic encounters.

Nothing to get angry at.

Nor the constant movements.

It was a silent day. An unusual day for the first time in 10 years.

Arnav stood at the pool staring into the water. It seemed as if he was trying to come to terms with everything that was happening. His thoughts were revolving in his mind like a huge whirlpool. Each idea was colliding with another.

What was so different today? he tried to comprehend.

Khushi.

He understood. That's what it comes to when His Happiness is absent. What is expected to become of him when she's gone.

How will he smile without her?
How does he expect to get irritated without her?
How should he steal kisses and romantic moments without her?

As he stared at the water he remembered the everyday routine. Khushi washing clothes in the pool to rile him.  Soapy water all over. Water splashing on her, wetting her  in the bargain.
Singing in her best and loud voice.

Aaj mausam hai suhana.
Kapde dhone ka hai bahana.
Lalalala.
Aaj mausam hai suhana.
Kapde dhone ka hai bahana.
What the! What the!

Earning a What the! From him.

Seeing her damp with soapy water, hair falling on her face making her even more beautiful, would turn him on. He would make advances at her. Slow. Steady. To grab her. But she's smarter than him and would run before he could catch her. Laughing away in a free spirited manner.. Her laugh would echo in the room as if providing life to it. It would seem to proved oxygen to his plants. The water to ripple in rhythm with her laugh.

He smiled at all the sweet memories he shared with His Khushi.

After marriage she had adopted his plants as her own. She would take more care of them and would water them even before him. Doing the needful. While watering she would complain to his dear plants.

Your Arnav has forgotten about you. See? Hes not even bothered to water you. Only busy with his phone and laptop and Aman. Your roots should take his neck and strangle him when hes sleeping.

She would mutter twisting her mouth at times. And all he would do is look at her incredulously. Pagal.

He frowned as he saw his plants drooping a little.

I had watered it on the morning only.

Aasmaan ko zameen, ye zaroori nahi
Jaa mile, jaa mile
Ishq saccha wahi
Jisko milti nahi manzilein, manzilein

.

He shut his eyes tight.

Clutching his hands tight in a fist. His head having the sky.

I miss you Khushi!

He whispered mentally to the sky. As if it was hearing his prayers.

He looked inside in his room. It looked dull. It looked different.
Whoever would enter the room, the positive vibes would rush in through their nerves. Inducing brightness in their outlook towards everything. Their room would be like Heaven.

But now....... .. it looked different. Dull. Drab. Strange.

He didnt feel like walking in. So he stood out.

Rang thhe, noor tha
Jab kareeb tu tha
Ek jannat sa tha, yeh jahaan
Waqt ki ret pe kuch mere naam sa
Likh ke chhod gaya tu kahaan

.

.

.

"Chotte?"

He turned and saw his sister.

Anjali knew what he was upto. He was missing his wife.
She didnt realise it would take such an out-turn over him. An unusual sadness shone on his face. His Khushi is the most important person in his life. Sometimes even more important than him. But she didnt mind it. She wasnt jealous. She was extremely elated because at last someone would be able to handle her Chote for life. The amount each loved the other is a matter of pride. They are propounders of true love in this generation of disloyalty.

She missed her Nanad. Their continuous long hours of gossip on every kind of topic. They had no boundary. No limit. It was a pure sibling relation. Somewhat even more than that. They would go shopping and spend the whole day enjoying themselves.

She supported her brother by rubbing his shoulders. Providing him the warmth of her love.

"Di! Where is she!" He whispered shutting his eyes facing the sky.

"I miss her!"

"I miss her too Chotte."

.

.

.

.

Hamari adhuri kahan

Hamari adhuri kahan

Hamari ad....

.

.

Both turned around. Someone had put the song off in the most emotional part.

"Hey Devi Maiyya! Ham ek hafte ke liye kya gye yeh dono toh Devdas ban gye!" (Hey Devi Maiyya! I left for just a week and you both became like Devdas?)

Khushi stood there staring at them amused. She looked like an angel in a coral red saree that Arnav had designed for her.

She laughed out seeing the state of her husband and sister in law. She had just gone to Laxmi Nagar for a week since she was missing her parents.

"Aap dono ek jaise ho. Dramebaaz!" She laughed. (You both are the same. Dramatic!)

Arnav and Anjali both came running and engulfed her in a hug.

"I love you Khushi!"
"I love you Khushiji!"
Both said together.

"Arey arey! Dheere zara. Saans toh lene do! Maar daloge kya" She said dramatically while returning the hug. With the same love. (Oh God! Go slow. Let me breathe. Will you kill me?)

Khushi wasnt surprised at the situation. She somewhat had an idea what the atmosphere would be like.
She smiled with pride. She was so lucky to have a family like them.

Anjali left to get her juice.

Arnav pulled her in for another hug.

"I missed you My Jaan! So much!"

"I missed you too Arnavji! I love you too!" She smiled as he went on to seal her lips with his.

Aah! After a whole week.

It was nothing less than ecstacy.

Let me know how you liked it!
😂

Love love!♡

Meena ❤
#Arshistan