Boyfriends

Corey and the twins were hanging out in the garage, getting their instruments ready for practice. Corey let out a long groan of annoyance.

"Where the heck is Laney? She's been running late a lot lately!" He said to the twins. The two went uneasy and Kon looked most nervous. "Guys?" Corey blinked.

"..." The two struggled to stay silent.

"Guys!" Corey hollered. "You know keeping stuff from me drives me NUTS!" He snapped coldly, and the
Twins gulped. "Sorry Corey..! We can't tell..." Kin stuttered. "Why not?!" The blue haired guitarist asked.

"Cuz I told them not to!" A feminine voice chimed from the garage door. Everyone turned to see Laney with a black haired teen with blue eyes.

"Uh.. Laney?.. Who's that?" Corey asked with a tilted head. ".. Oh, this is my boyfriend... Cage." Laney said with a smile, hugging her boyfriend.

"... Boyfriend?" Corey asked slowly, hoping he'd heard wrong. Laney nodded firmly. "Yep! I was wondering if he could stay for practice?"

"Absolutely not!" Corey said stomping his foot down. Everyone stare at him. "I can't believe this.." He muttered to himself angrily. "How did you meet?"

"We met at that new ice cream place... I was having a bit of a breakdown, and you were too busy to help..." Laney said coldly, shooting a glare at him. "He helped me through it. He's really sweet."

"How long have you known each other?" Corey asked on. Cage shifted a bit, nervous from the glares he was receiving from Corey. "We've known each other for about two weeks... Just got together last Friday." Laney responded, her tone annoyed.

"... You realize two weeks is like.. acquaintances. You're dating someone you just met! Laney, that's dangerous!" Corey snapped. "He isn't dangerous!.. If anything, he's understanding!" Laney shot back.

"I won't allow you to date this guy..! He's too.. New!" He retaliated. Laney groaned. "Why do you care so much all of a sudden?! Where was all this care when I needed you?!"

Cage tugged Laney back a bit, stroking her hair softly. "Laney.. Calm down.." He whispered nervously.

Corey's eyes widened as he noticed the tears stained on her cheeks.. And fresh tears lining them. He had made her cry.

"Lanes..." Corey felt his heart sink. He had made his best friend cry. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"... I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you... I should have. But.. I was scared of not knowing how to help." He spoke quietly. The twins quickly took the confused Cage out of the garage for a moment.

"You always know how to help... Why were you doubting this time?" Laney asked softly. Corey went silent...

"To answer the question before..." He changed the question on her. "... Why I care so much. I care... Cuz.. You're my best friend. You mean the world to me. Making you cry broke me-- I didn't know what to do."

Laney looked at him worried. "You always know what to do to make me better... Why were you doubting?" She asked again. Corey sighed. "This is gonna make things super awkward... But I only recently realized I like you... A lot." He rubbed his neck.

"Guess I'm a bit too late..." He sighed. "waaait... Was all that back there.. You being... Jealous?" Laney asked with a giggle. "Uh- I- No.. I mean-" Corey blushed a bit. "Corey Riffin... Jealous. Never thought I'd see the day..." Laney giggled.

"Oh b-be quiet!" Corey snapped softly, tugging his beanie over his eyes. Laney smiled and approached him. "Well.. I like you too.. A lot." She teased and kissed him, making Corey jump a bit.

He pulled his beanie up and saw Laney giggling at a distance. "But- wh.. What about..?"

"Cage? He's my cousin dude..." Laney smirked. "Your cousi... Wait- this was all a set up?!" Corey yelped. Laney looked off a bit. "You could say that..." She giggle.

Corey face palmed with a groan. "I'm an idiot..." He sighed. Laney smiled and took his hand. "Yeah.. But you're my idiot." She winked and Corey smiled.

"Thanks, Lanes..."