Chapter 4

"Do I have to go to class," I groaned, my eyes stinging from crying so much. What kind of sick fuck would do that?

"At least try to go to one class. You only have three today so be happy." I groaned.

"Well, I'm going to leave. I have to get to my class. Take care, kid," she said before taking her bag and leaving.

I laid down, groaning. A tear fell from my eye. I just can't believe that my mom is gone. Yeah, she's strict but I love her. And she did it for the best. I took out my phone and looked at the contact name.

Scarlet.

Me and Scarlet never talked in a year. It's not like we hate each other, it's just that she never calls. She goes to a boarding school in England.

I dialed her number while checking the clock.

8:00.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Scarlet," I muttered, my voice coming out scratchy and dry.

"Hey, Sophie," she said. Her voice was low and dry also.

"So, you heard?" I asked.

We were silence. "Yes," she sobbed over the phone. Tears came out of mine also.

"It'll be okay," I said while crying.

"Are you going to the funeral?"

"Yeah. It's already the 25. I need to get plane tickets," I said.

"Dad called me yesterday. Saying how he was sending you plane tickets," she said.

"Oh. Okay. Well, I'll see you around, sis," I said. She slightly laughed.

"Yup, see you around." We then hung up.

I cried lightly in my pillow. Right now I'm missing photography. Oh well.

I know I should shower but I'm not in the mood. I kept my black shirt on I had last night and put on some grey sweats. I didn't even bother brushing my hair. I put on deodorant, and perfume. I washed my face, trying to get the tears off. I brushed my teeth and blew my nose.

I put on random shoes and walked out the door with my bag. I look like a mess right now.

I walked into my second class, English. I opened the door and all eyes were on me. Their were about forty kids in this class. I sat at an empty desk and took out my binder.

"As I was saying," said the teacher, "I want all of you to be careful. Because on the news last night, a lady was stuffed inside of a fridge, dead." Tears were coming down and I tried to stop it.

The teacher noticed and some kids around us. "Yeah, that was Sophia's mom," blurted out some kid. I think, Louis?

"That was your mom?" Asked the teacher to me. I nodded, a tear falling down.

The teacher came over and hugged me. "How about you go back to your dorm and rest." I nodded and grabbed my bag while standing up.

"I'm sorry for your lost," she said. I only nodded. Then a few kids started saying it. I walked out, going back to the dorms.

I entered my room, to see an envelope on the floor. We have slots to put mail in on the door. I picked it up.

To: Sophia Robb

I opened it and saw a plane ticket for October 26. At 7am in the morning. Which means I have to be at the airport by 5am.

And it's tomorrow.