Move It

Two in the afternoon on a Friday and Kel still had nothing better to do then stay sitting crossed legged on the couch while watching the back to back marathon of I Love Lucy. He had a bowl of popcorn in his lap, his phone in his hand, and he'd be lying if he said this wasn't how he spent his usual days off work while Lian was out. He didn't want to focus too much on his lack of a social life. The only people he ever hung out with were his younger sister Lian, who was 17, and their friend Alex who lived with them.

So much for homeschooling not fucking up a kids social development. Kel let himself get lost in the antics of Lucy, chuckling softly at her clumsiness and sass, when his phone rang. He definitely did not jump when the loud ring interrupting the silence, nope, no he did not... Okay he did.

"Hey bean!" Kel called into his phone, smiling to himself.

"Aye Kel! I'm on my way home so you better be dressed and ready to go!" Lian said in a firm, playful tone.

"Stop acting like a germ and ask nicely you brat!" Kel laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Whateva ya loser, be ready!"

Kel didn't even have a chance to respond before the line went dead. He looked at the tv longingly, and sighed. "Sorry Lucy... Looks like this is it." Turning off the tv Kel dropped the popcorn onto the table and begrudgingly walked to his room. Even if he was the oldest it was nearly impossible to say no to Lian when she set her mind to it, and trust him she was always butting into his social life. Well lack of a social life.

He pulled on his black short sleeved shirt, leather jacket, jeans, and black chuck taylors. Kel scooped up a handful of gel and began running it through his hair, styling it into his signature greaser style that he'd been doing since he was nine. Once it was styled to perfection, he checked it in the mirror about three times, then slid his phone into his back pocket and jogged outside locking the door behind him.

This is what sucked about his neighborhood, the amount of people on the street, and they all sure as hell knew how to stare. Most looks were of amusement, people who thought it was just "adorable" he was wearing what they thought was a costume. Other looks were of confusion or annoyance, people just didn't know how to mind their business. Kel knew he was scowling at the end of the driveway, who could blame him. He lived in a perfect sweet neighborhood where he, Alex, and Lian were those "weird kids" that would be a bad influence on your kids if you let them get too close.

Lian suddenly pulled into the driveway, and Kel sighed in disappointment. Oh, this is what she's been doing all day. Getting a new car, the fifth one this year, Kel stood there pondering how long it would take her to wreck this one.

Alex yelled from inside of the car."Hop in loser! We're going shopping!"

"As much as I appreciate the Mean Girls reference I'm not hopping in your car and we are not going shopping." Kel rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "This is the fifth pastel bug you've gotten this year! You have a problem Lian!!"

"I kind of agree with him..." Alex shrugged looking at her best friend.

"Then why did you get in the car?!" Lian said looking to Alexandria.

"Bitch I was with you when you got the car! And I wanted to go to the mall." Alex laughed nervously.

"Eh whateva! Just get in the car we'll go wherever you want!" Lian yelled to Kel.

"No. Park the car and get out of it. We are taking my car." Kel said not wanting to be trapped in a car with Lian, it could turn into a death trap any second with the way she drove. Kel turned around, not bothering to turn around and see if Alex and Lian were following him. At the top of the driveway Kel stood beside his beautiful remodeled black and red 50's thunderbird. Smiling wide he gently patted the hood of his car, flashing a dazzling smile to his sister. "Now this is a car."

Lian rolled her eyes, smiling to herself. Kel was a weenie but he was her weenie. "Whatever, if we're taking your car that means you have to take us to the mall."

Kel sighed loudly as he unlocked the doors and slid inside. "Like I have a choice." Lian and Alex filed into the car after him, Kel immediately plugged his phone into the AUX cord on the radio glaring at his sister. "My car... My music." 50s music blared out of the speakers and Kel took off way too fast out of the driveway, before slowly rolling down the street at a less illegal speed toward the direction of the mall.

The next 15 minutes were spent laughing, making fun of each other, and planning for the weekend. Pulling into the malls parking lot was bad enough, and Kel groaned as the girls got out of the car heading toward the mall entrance. He followed a little behind them, hunching in on himself. It was a social cesspool. "I should probably stay in the car..."

"No!" Lian and Alex stopped abruptly glaring at Kel. "You can't!"

"B-But someone could cut the leather."

Lian and Alex hooked arms on both sides of Kel, dragging him in with them. If they didn't make him go around people he'd probably end up feral, or ya know marry the tv and only keep it on I love Lucy episodes. And they sure as hell couldn't have that. Kel stared in horror at the entrance of the mall. The horrors began now. ‏