𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷: 𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙𝚜

One Year Later....

~Spinel's POV~
I opened my eyes. Last night Spinz showed me how to sleep so I tried it and it felt pretty good. I felt a pair of eyes on me and sat up seeing a innocent Spinz sitting at the edge of my bed, "Morning Spinny!" "Spinny?" I asked, "Yeah! I finally came up with a Nickname!" She said, "Well get up sleepy head! Volley made breakfast!" "Did she make Pancakes and bacon?" I asked, "Yes ma'am she did!" Spinz said smiling, "I Like your outfit!" I said (one above, reset spinel) "Thanks!" Spinz said hugging me tight.

I formed into an outfit (Like one above) It was a black shirt with my Upside down heart gem in the middle with polar shirt changing my pink skirt into pink shorts. "Ooo~ I like it!" Spinz said, I smiled proudly as we headed down the hall talking about random stuff until I saw White, Yellow, Blue in their thrones. "Spinel come here darling~" White said holding out her hands, Me and Spinz stood on her hand as She brought us closer to their faces. "Spinel it has officially been 1 year since we found you!" White announced, "We love you equally just as much as everyone else here!" Yellow said smiling, "And we have decided-" "Oh this is taking too long!" White yelled interrupting Blue, "Were throwing you a ball!"

"A ball?" I asked looking at Spinz, "Yeah! So technically The diamonds throw a big party to celebrate something and when they do this they invite everyone! Oh my gosh you could finally see Steven!" Spinz said clapping, "Ah yes! Steven already said he'd be more then happy to attend this event!" Blue said, Spinz Smiled as we were set down, "Thank you!" I yelled they all smiled and watched as we walked into the kitchen. When we were done eating breakfast Spinz wouldn't stop talking about Steven, "I swear you're going to LOVE HIM!" Spinz said, She formed into her outfit, The one that she wore when I first met her, "Well? Get ready!" Spinz said grabbing her bunny.

I shrugged and changed into a dark pink dress (book cover) with some boots. I looked at my appearance and started laughing, "I LOOK RIDICULOUS!" "You look AMAZING!" Spinz shouted, "Steven is going to LOVE IT!" Spinz shouted. I shrugged and laid on my back looking at the pink ceiling.

As me and Spinz walked around arms locked we saw people decorating, "This is a lot of trouble just for little old me! You don't have to do this" I said frowning, "Nonsense! You are family!" White yelled, I giggled until Spinz pulled me back, "Spinel, Yellow wanted me to tell you. Some people don't exactly like us" Spinz said, I gave her a confused look, "People don't like the fact that we're rare I guess but We should be safe" Spinz said. I looked down but decided to keep smiling that way people wouldn't be affected.

~Steven's POV~
"WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" I yelled, I fixed my bow tie and watched as Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst came upstairs. "Steven! You look wonderful!" Pearl said, I laughed "Come on!" I yelled, "Where are we going again?" Amethyst asked fixing her purple dress, I asked the gems to form into a fancy attire that way we stay respectful. "The Diamonds announced that they found another Spinel! Which is amazing since they're so rare! So were celebrating!" I screamed with a big smile on my face. We all stepped onto the warp pad and went on our way.

Once we arrived there I was amazed. The place was technically gleaming from sparkles and lights and gems of all kind were dancing to the pearls Singing as The diamonds sat on their thrones. Before I could say hi I felt a certain gem tackle me onto the floor, "STEVEN!" Spinz shouted as she hugged me. I laughed "Well hello to you too Spinz" I said standing up and brushing myself off, "Did you bring anything?" Spinz asked, I smiled and handed her a Polaroid Camera, "Ooo~ What's this?" Spinz asked looking at every detail, "It's a camera! Look if you press that you can take pictures" I explained pointing to the button, I took a photo of us, as the photo came out Spinz smiled, "OH MY STARS!" She screamed giggling taking photos everywhere, "Hey Spinz who exactly is the new Gem?" I asked watching as Garnet and Amethyst talked as Pearl and Pink Pearl sneaked away, "Well you already know she's a Spinel, She hasn't changed her name and she doesn't want to. She's over there"

As I looked at where Spinz pointed I saw Spinel. She was talking to Blue pearl and I instantly felt fireworks. I didn't want to though since I had Connie but I couldn't help it, I heard clapping as Some of the pearls gathered around as they started singing causing people to start dancing to the two partnered song. "You should ask her~" Spinz said elbowing me gently in the side, "W-WHAT? No-" "HEY SPINEL OVER HERE!" Spinz shouted interrupting me, I took a deep breath and walked over to Spinel.

"Uh May I have this dance?" I asked, "Sure" The gem said. We got into our dancing positions and followed what everyone was doing. "Steven right?" "That is correct" I answered, "Spinz wouldn't stop going on about you~" She said as I twirled her, "Did she now?" I asked, I wanted to have the upper hand here, "Well of course she did~" Spinel said. I laughed a little, "Were good friends" I said, "Well that's good" She said smiling, "She's sweet and nice, I don't know if you are though~" She said, I smirked and spun the gem putting her into a dip, "You don't know me at all~" With that the dance was over and I let us back up as Gems clapped for the three Pearls that sung. I walked away from a blushing Spinel but If I'm being honest when I walked away to Spinz I was blushing too.

~Spinel's POV~
What the fuck just happened?
I stood there completely confused and shocked. I felt heat on my cheek and all over my body, What's happening? I've always had the upper hand! How did he break down my wall? HOW? Okay I just need to calm down. Soon after a couple dances the Ball was over, As White Talked and I kept Looking at Steven who was on pink's throne I felt Spinz elbow me in the side.

"Your staring~" She said pointing to Steven, I blushed and grabbed her hand putting it down. "No I'm not!" I whisper yelled, I covered my face in embarrassment as Spinz laughed, "I told you you'd like him~" "No! I don't! He's just a stupid boy!" I whispered. Finally the party was over and Spinz and I walked over to Steven and his friends. "Thanks for coming!" Spinz shouted Hugging Steven and curtsying to the gems, I repeated "Yeah uh thanks for coming" "No problem!" Steven said with a smile which made my gem warm, We waved good bye as I saw the blue light from the warp pad disappeared.

"SOME STUPID BOY HUH?" Spinz said, "YES! AND THATS IT I SWEAR!" I yelled blushing. "Alright sure" Spinz said laughing and grinning as she got under her covers.