꧁ S E V E N ꧂

Start from the beginning

Mads and Nessa thank the lady before their legs direct them towards their destination. It gave Nessa a little bit of comfort knowing that the receptionist didn't judge her or give any sort of snarky comments about her situation. The silent walk down the narrow hallway came to an abrupt end when Mads knocked on the wooden door, both girls waiting for an answer.

It only took a couple of seconds before the handle was being pressed down and the door pulled open. A middle aged doctor with slick back raven black hair smiles brightly at the girls, Nessa swears he could be in a toothpaste commercial if he wanted to. His pearly white teeth almost blinded her as he motioned for them to step inside his room.

"You must be Nessa. Sophia said you'd be stopping by. We should get straight to the point, my colleague Marissa is going to take you and run some tests". Doctor Rollins explains as the two girls take a seat.

Although she didn't fully understand what was happening, Nessa nodded her head- trying to make it look like she did. The doctor didn't have a chance to speak another word before the door was being opened and a young girl dressed in light green scrubs came into the room. She smiles over at the girl politely before making her way over to the doctor, both of them submerging into medical conversation.

"Nessa?" the women spoke, her eyes glancing between the two teenage girls that sat against the wall. Clearly she didn't have a clue which one was the potential teen mom.

Awkwardly, Nessa raised her hand a little, a shy smile prying at her lips. The woman smiles, grabbing the clipboard and pen.

"My names Marissa and I'm the midwife here at the practice. Come with me, we'll take the tests in my room" She explains, saying goodbye to the doctor and making her way out the door she only walked through less than a minute ago.

Mads gives Nessa a sympathetic nod. She knows that she'll be okay but having Mads by her side was the comfort Nessa craved at a moment like this. Reluctantly, she left her best friend to talk with DR. Rollins while she follows Marissa into the other room across the hall.

From first impressions, Nessa feels more comfortable being in the midwife room. Although it's just as scary as the last, Marissa has really added a lot to her own room- making it more welcoming compared to the plain boring one that Dr. Rollins has to work in. There's a chair in the Centre of the room and next to it sits a large machine with a monitor attached to it. The long wires travel down and wrap themselves around the machine.

"I know it looks terrifying but I promise that it's not" Marissa smiles, looking over her shoulder.

Nessa nods her head but still has a hard time trusting Marissas words. She's about to find out if she really is having a baby and that on top of being in a room like this just naturally adds terror to any and all situations.

"So what do I have to do?" The curious teen asks, fidgeting with her hands. Marissa stops prepping things and turns around with a kind smile on her face.

"Why don't you take a seat on that chair and we'll just skip straight to the scan part. We can always take your blood and run some other tests done afterwards. I bet you're freaking out and just want to know already" Marissa speaks calmly, guiding Nessa over to the large blue chair that looks like the ones you sit on at the dentist.

Nessa climbs onto the chair while Marissa preps everything. The older woman gestures for Nessa to lift up her shirt so she can apply the gel. After doing what Marissa asks, Nessa stares blankly at her exposed stomach- wondering if she really does have a little baby growing inside of her. A weird sensational feeling overcomes her short body as she begins to process the possibility of it. It scares her more than she's even been before.

"Okay Nessa this is going to be a little cold but it won't hurt whatsoever" Marissa smiles at her, squeezing the tube and laughing a little at Nessa's shock reaction to the chilled ultrasound gel.

Marissa picks up a probe and starts to gently make circular motions on Nessa's stomach, spreading the gel around the area she needs to be covered. After that part is done, Marissa sets up her monitor, pressing a few buttons before glancing between the probe that's pressing down lightly on Nessa's skin and the screen that's displaying the inside of her stomach.

Paying no attention to the screen out of fear that her worst nightmare may be confirmed, Nessa stares at the wall, taking deep breaths and going over every distracting thought that she can think of. She was doing really well until the monitor started making a thumping sound every second, a rhythmic beating filling the teenagers ears and forcing her to snap her head towards the kind eyed midwife and lit up screen. Nessa scans the screen, her eyes tearing up uncontrollably when her eyes land on a small blob that is indeed her baby.

"Congratulations momma, you've got one very happy and healthy baby cooking away nicely in there. They're the size of a raspberry right now" Marissa states matter-of-factly.

Nessa smiles, wiping away her tears as she lets out a giggle. "A raspberry" she repeats, her index finger touching the space on the screen where her baby is.

A wave of reality washes over her and she's back to being terrified. Nessa pulls down her shirt as soon as Marissa finishes wiping away the gel. The screen is turned off and Nessa can't help but feel a pang of disappointment when she can no longer see her baby.

Marissa notices her reaction and smiles to herself. She moves over to the computer and waits patiently for the printer to be done printing off the scan picture. Happily, Marissa stands beside Nessa with a grin on her face.

"Here, this is a photo of what you just saw on the screen. This way you'll be able to show your friends and family".

Nessa takes the photos hesitantly, opening her bag and shoving them to the bottom of it- the photos getting lost somewhere in between her pencil case and chemistry textbook.

"Should we go take those tests now-"

"Can you tell me about my options please?".

Marissa stares at Nessa with a confused look.

"About adoption and abortions and all the other stuff" Nessa clarify's. "I'm not keeping this baby and I need to know how I can get rid of it".

꧁꧂

____________________
ꕥ  A U T H O R S  ꕥ
~ n o t e ~
________________

I decided that I wasn't going to let people dictate what I do with my own book so here I am, continuing it. I am genuinely excited about this book and if you don't feel comfortable with it / just don't like it then okay, nobody's forcing you to read it.

Anyways,
Regular updates are going to happen properly so yay :)

Also I ha ent edited this so Im sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I'm not exhausted 😌🤘🏻

Thanks for reading ✨

🤍 Vote & comment 🤍