3.3

The next day was a flurry of activity for the cast, lots of clothes flying, whining, and some tears were shed.

"Rudy, you don't need that many sweatshirts," Maddie rolled her eyes at the bulging suitcase.

"Says you, you just have to take Chase's," Rudy pouted, as Mads tried to refold the clothes. Maddie blushed and instantly stopped talking. I was leaning against the doorframe watching this event unfold.

"Kids these days," Austin said from behind me. I jumped, not expecting anyone behind me.

"What's up?" I laughed.

"I'm bored and I already packed,"

"We could get groceries, Drew is out right now getting something with Chase,"

"Alright I'll drive," Austin said grabbing his keys off the counter.

"Maddie, we're getting food," I heard a muffled okay and figured she had gotten the message. We hopped in Austin's car and he immediately started playing Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus. I looked over to see him already looking at me. Instantly we both start shouting the lyrics at the top of our lungs. This is why I loved Austin, he was my best friend and we could be total idiots together. He pulled into the grocery parking lot and walked quickly into the store. Hoping to avoid paparazzi noticing us. As the show got bigger, we got bigger and the paparazzi wanted our pictures more and more.

"Charlie! Are you and Drew dating? Who is that other girl?" Some paps shouted at us as we briskly walked into the store. "Are you dating Austin? Who was that other girl Drew was with?" I ignored their questions but I couldn't ignore the pull in my heart. Security had been installed in the store that we shopped at regularly so that paparazzi wouldn't attack us, but we loved our fans. Austin pulled down his hood and shook out his blonde hair.

"Well so much for going unrecognized," Austin awkwardly sighed. I knew he was trying to avoid the obvious thoughts that were swirling in my mind.

"Ha, yeah," I replied, without enthusiasm.

"I don't know what they were talking about,"

"It's not like Drew and I are dating, it's whatever. We hooked up once," I shrugged and grabbed the shopping cart. Pain and jealousy raced through my chest. My ears began to heat up with embarrassment. Of course, he wouldn't want to date me. I'm 5 years younger than him, he probably just needed to release some steam.

"Charlie, you know it isn't like that," Austin jogged to catch up to my fast pace.

"I didn't think it was but clearly it is like that," I huffed and threw some chips into the bag. Austin grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Alright, look, I don't know what girl they're talking about. But Drew likes you, a lot," Austin held me by my shoulders, looking into my tearful eyes.

"I really hope you're right," I whimpered into his chest.

"I'm always right," Austin scoffed and rubbed my back. I rolled my eyes and pulled away, wiping off the tears that had fallen. "But damn, you must really like him,"

I punch Austin's arm. "Is it that obvious?" I replied sarcastically. "Not to get too serious, but hearing that made me feel like my heart cracked into pieces. He makes me feel at home, like a warm fire, or a flower blooming. Ew, that sounds ridiculous." I shuddered at my sudden mushy gushy heart emotion dump.

"Ridiculously in love," Austin nudged my shoulder and wiggled his eyebrows.

"I'm not in love with Drew, we aren't even officially dating."