Chapter 2 - Getting Along

Author's Note: Thanks to SynchroMono for the song! You're right this shall be the anthem for my book! ^ω^
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Another new day made its way to Hope's Peak Academy and classes were about to start in 10 minutes. Most students from the 77th class were present as they waited for their teacher while talking with each other. The only missing student was the newbie, Izuru.

Izuru was about to enter his class but was soon stopped by his teacher, Yukizome. Whose facial expression was much more different than the usual cheery and optimistic one. She looked very serious.

"Hey, Izuru, may I talk with you for a bit? I will be quick", Chisa told her student, maintaining her stony-faced expression.

"Alright", Izuru quietly answered as he raised his brow slightly seeing the difference in his teacher's behavior.

Both of them walked to a quieter area in the hall, isolated away from the rest. Yukizome quickly looked around her and Izuru to make sure no one was nearby. When she saw nobody, she began to talk with a sigh.

"Now, I want you to answer my question very honestly. Do you know this student?", Chisa held up a picture displaying a student from the Reserve Course. It was Hajime's picture.

Izuru took a close look at the picture. The person seemed very familiar, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He softly sighed and shook his head lightly.

"No, I don't know who he is", Izuru said closing his eyes.

"I see, it's just that you both look so similar. I thought you may be related to him. He suddenly left the academy and ever since then, Nanami~san has been asking for his whereabouts.", Chisa sighed and closed her eyes in defeat. As Izuru raised his brow once more at his teacher's words.

"Anyway! Sorry to take up your time! Let's head to class now!", Chisa smiled suddenly, as her cheery persona was back.

She then skipped ahead with Izuru following behind her slowly. Soon, they reached the door to their class once more and Chisa slid it open.

"Good morning!", Yukizome said energetically and yet again, she was greeted by equally energetic replies, similar to yesterday.

As they greeted each other, Izuru quietly went and sat down at his desk. Class then progressed on normally, with Chisa providing a few fun ways for the class to learn.

Before the students of 77-B knew it, they were all dismissed for the day. Izuru was packing up his things when he was approached by Nekomaru and Akane.

"Hey Izuru! Why don't you walk home with us? We have a special training routine we take part in everyday before heading home! I think you could use some of it!", Akane said enthusiastically as she observed Izuru's skinny body, which seemed to lack some muscle.

"I apologize but I refu-", Izuru cut himself off as he remembered his promise with Headmaster Kirigiri.

"I.. accept your offer", Izuru said sighing softly as he felt annoyed.

"Alright let's begin then!", before Izuru could fully process what was happening, he was dragged away by an energetic Nekomaru and Akane.

---------------------------------------------------------
The trio had reached an open field surrounded by grass which was right next to a small river.

When observing closely, Izuru could see the many different marks and footprints on the ground, showing the impact caused by Akane and Nekomaru's intensive training.

Before Izuru knew it, he was quickly attacked by a kick. He dodged it immediately as he looked at the attacker. It was Akane.

"Hey! You gotta be ready to fight at anytime!", Akane said smiling widely.