Prologue

No One's POV

It was 31st of July, 1985. The Potter mansion was stuffed with people, food, decorations and presents. It was the Boy Who Lived his fifth birthday after all. Everyone was outside, enjoying the party. Well, everyone except one little girl, who was staring out of the window of the library. No one saw her just sitting there, staring at the happy people outside. The little girl's name is Holley Potter. Yes Potter. She is the twin sister of Lucas Potter, the Boy Who Lived. And, of course, being Lucas' twin sister, it was also her birthday. But no one remembered.

Everyone was always paying attention to her brother. Even her own parents forgot of her existence. Holley spend her days in the family library or in her 'room'. Which really just was the dusty attic where she had a blanket and a lot of books. The only creatures that remembered her were the house-elves. They had brought her food and water for the last four years. She still exactly remembered the night that everything changed.

~Flashback~

Two toddlers were laying next to each other in their crib. One a girl, the other one a boy. Twins. The boy had more of his mother's features, while the girl had more of a resemblance to her father. She had pitch black hair, but bright green eyes, twinkling with life and magic. The boy on the other hand had more of an auburn hair color and warm brown eyes, twinkling with mischief.

The boy was sleeping, while the girl was awake, staring at the mobile with stars dangling from the ceiling. Weird noises came from downstairs, waking the boy up and making the girl alert. Their mother burst into the room, followed closely by a creepy man the babies didn't know.

The boy began crying at the sight of the wizard, but the girl just stayed quiet. The mother positioned herself infront of her kids, drawing her wand. She would do anything to protect her children.

She was definitely scared of the man in front of her, yet she was willing to sacrifice herself if it meant her kids would be safe. "Get away from the crib, Lily. I'll let you live, if you just let me do what I came here for.". "No, if you want to get them," Lily said "You will have to get trough me first.". The man just sighed in response before pointing his wand at the woman.

"Paralitis" he said, and the woman fell backwards. She hadn't expected him to do that, and was too late trying to dodge the curse. She fell on the point of the crib with her head, and she blacked out.

The scary man walked over to the crib and looked at the twins. The girl was staring at him with eyes full of life and emotions, while the boy had slightly red eyes from crying and was sniffling. He cast a quick spell on the children to see which one had the highest magic level. Just as he already suspected, the girl had the highest level. And what kind of high level, it was insane for a one year old to be this powerful.

He pointed his wand at the girl, not wanting to kill the boy if it wasn't necessary. It would only be a waist of magic. He found it sad that the girl had to die, she could have become a great witch, but she was just too dangerous for him. The girl just looked at the wand in front of her, trying to grab it with her tiny hands.

"Avada kedavra" the man uttered. The curse raced at the girl, but just before it could hit her, there was a blast. The curse rebounded on a shield of light and shadows, and made its way back to the caster. The man only had time to widen his eyes before the curse hit him.

With a silent scream, his body dissolved in ash. His life essence now just floating around, he made his way out of the window, that was now shattered, away from the girl that had just done something no-one had ever done before.

Back in the twins room, the mother was waking up. Dizzy and disoriënted she tried to recall what had just happened. That's when she heard cries. She stood up and looked in the crib. Holley wasn't waking up, and for a moment the mother thought she was dead.

But then she saw that she was breathing and proceeded to check up on her baby boy. He was the one crying. His cheek had a V shaped wound on it.

That's when her husband and an older male stormed in. They checked if the mother was okay and then moved onto the twins. "He has a V shaped wound!" James Potter exclaimed. The old man nodded thoughtfully.

"I think he must have been the one to defeat Lord Voldemort." the old man said. "He is still conscious and has a V shaped wound. It must be him.". The proud parents nodded, agreeing with the old man's logic. "I hereby declare Lucas Potter to be the Boy Who Lived." the old man said.

The parents were so busy fussing over their baby boy, who would now widely be known as 'The Boy Who Lived', that they forgot Holley. Seeing as the boy had a wound on his cheek, they went to treat it.

What no one realized was that the window had shattered due to the magical blast, and that a piece of said window had created the wound on Lucas' cheek. No one bothered to look at the girl again. And so no one saw the lighting bolt shaped scar on her forehead. They all just forgot her.

Not knowing that with that they had just made one of the greatest mistakes in history.

~End flashback~

So that's how one of the biggest mistakes in history was made. And how Holley ended up being forgotten by everyone but the house-elves. Actually, even they forgot her at first, until they found her in the hall, alone and starving.

But Holley had a plan. She would just run away that night. The house-elves were aware of her plan, and had made her a lot of food to take with her. And they promised her that if she ever needed them, she only had to contact them and they would come help her. So that's what she did that night. She ran away in the dark, waving at the house-elves.

It had its advantages to be forgotten....

~1091 words